The Weight Loss Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished setting up my new computer in the TV room, and now I can post my old photos easily. Before and after. I went from 240 to 178 in these pics.

2fat.jpg

One of the boards found under my desk by the boss's kids. That was our server in my office.
Looks like 2004? Those kids are all married now.
bobskids.jpg

This was my daily route at lunch. I learned to slide the board sideways, coming down that bridge along the tracks, at the top of the long diagonal line. I was only 56 or 57, so maybe 2013 I made that map. I start & stop the pink pin.

This looks like a crazy path, but it was developed to avoid all traffic plus still be fun; so no crappy pavement, patrol cars, serious traffic, or offended citizens (oh yeah...). Plus there was the store along the way back. The u-turn with all the scribbles is "the rink", where I went to practice carving and obstacle course riding. Informal slalom sessions around whatever junk got dumped in the road there. The garbage men would haul it all out frequently, so it was always changing.
daily_route.jpg

It was 4.5 to 4.7 miles, depending on how much carving I did in the rink.
It was a big deal to be able to do that ride. I started out doing just 1/4 mile the first time and it was difficult. in the end I went from feeling like this:
chain.jpg

To feeling like this:
chase.jpg

Latest posts

Back