The Wormwood Limited

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all-

After a lot of work yesterday afternoon, and some tough decisions, here is my finished bike. I had to forgo my 'secret weapons' for this build as I simply ran out of money (and time to be honest) to get them finished the right way, and didn't just want to 'half rat' them. I learned a lot during this build (my first), and most of my time on this bike went to learning how to take it all apart, and put it back together. But I had a blast, and I hope you enjoy my build :)

I give you The Wormwood Limited

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

too cool!

i've been riding around on my western flyer x-53 for a couple years now without a coaster brake bracket.
think i'm gonna dig through my silverware draw and folow your lead.

that spoon bracket is trick!

Classy, but why no grips? Is the rider supposed to don gloves like the ones steam locomotive engineers used to wear? Seriously, tho, great job!

Mike H.
Irving, Texas

Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot that others here are liking what I've done with the machine :)

The spoon bracket is supossed to be an Absinthe spoon (with the holes for dissolving sugar into the beverage) and I thought it might be a nice understated detail. I had other ideas for Absinthe related add ons, but I decided to keep it clean.

No grips indeed, I've been wearing gloves to ride it. I wanted to get a set of brown leather grips, but just never got that far :(

Strings_and_steam said:
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot that others here are liking what I've done with the machine :)

The spoon bracket is supossed to be an Absinthe spoon (with the holes for dissolving sugar into the beverage) and I thought it might be a nice understated detail. I had other ideas for Absinthe related add ons, but I decided to keep it clean.

No grips indeed, I've been wearing gloves to ride it. I wanted to get a set of brown leather grips, but just never got that far :(

The entire bike is just brilliant! but i do love the spoon most of all. ( and how it tie's in with the name/theme.)

That came out super the paint details in the copper patina green really set it off. the hand painting on the details is makeing me want to try it. Oh nice seat! I just got mine new one on tonight when I got home from Col/wy trip.
Gary

Latest posts

Back