The worst part about having a job....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't understand I have build off bikes to work on! I mean... PRIORITIES! The audacity!
It's just not fair I tell you. I bet whenever Jeff Bezos wants to work on his muscle bike he just goes ahead and does it regardless of what else is going on in the world 🤣

Haha I do my best work here while I'm getting paid
I remember those days. Third shift, working out on the Fab floor, doing all sorts of "government work"

I'd get more done on my current project if they would just let me work on that on the plane in between home and Mexico. Can't imagine why they frown upon that 😂

Haha just pack it in the overhead bin. Once the seatbelt light goes off, you can work in the aisle.
200w.gif

I don't think about work at all when I'm with my bikes... Does work think about me?
Mine does. Was working on an entry when I got a call. Had to come in. So... here I am till Midnight to close the place up following the incident. Meanwhile, my project stands still. :(

ya know I gave up travellin to work yrs ago and never looked back, didnt take long to realise in australia you need 2 cars, one for the mrs (best car) and the blokes car,ute and bike too! the distances here require everyone to have thier own car, I got sick n tired of losing 30mins to 1 hr a day sitting in traffic or driving home half asleep after night shift! added up I was losing a good 6-7 hr a week by travelling so I just started looking for work close to home, like less than 10 mins, so for the last 11 yrs ive worked less than 7 km from home, the last yr its been only 5km with a new asphalt company.
when I started the boss said he needs someone to do nights, I said yes and I started on day shift to learn the ropes, was supposed to be only a few weeks, it lasted 3 months coz things like Covid, floods and..more floods I had to stay on days! I wasnt with RRB then so all was good.
He then stuck me on nights which at first I didnt like but after a few days I was saying to myself.....Thats it...I found my calling!..... im now never going back to days ha ha ha ! no traffic on nights, (asphalt truck driver 10 wheel Isuzu rigid,32T Max), and ya start anywhere between 8pm- midnight and always home before 3-4am, mostly only 5-6 hr nights, just a couple deliveries, money isnt the best but I now get to come home and have a 3-4 hr sleep, wake at about 9am then go back to bed for an arvo sleep 3-4pm and catch up on the rest! so I get a good 5-6 hr a day when I got bugger all to do. this has allowed me to be involved in RRB, ive always made stuff right from 5 yrs old, and RRB has rebirthed my love of inventing, just making stuff! the plus here is I have a12yr old son who's loving his dad making stuff.
it was a very bold step as a father of 4,a house to pay off, bills and all, to give up a well paying job to just basicly be lazy and not want to travel further than 10 mins to work. luckily I have a great mrs who works too, its a great help LOL.
But the thing thats surprised me the most is how ive dropped $300-$400 pw in wages but now have more in my bank than when I was earning more, its weird but here in aus diesel is $2.25 per LITRE, Grrrrrrrrr, that almost hits $9 gallon, so theres $150 a week saved just with that! .... But its not about the money....its all about time, how much we need , how much we have,

Haha I do my best work here while I'm getting paid

I too work on bikes in my down time at work on several occasions. Torn down many parts bikes behind the counter, pretty much built my fat bike here, did my fat bike brake upgrade here, tore down the mini Twinn here, and several smaller projects like cleaning cranks and wheels.

Been really busy at work for me. 60 hour weeks and a little riding time. Lately been riding the 3 prior mbbo bikes I have running.
20221019_175400.jpg

Was working in the office today and my old schwinn typhoon ratty muscle bike blew two tires today. Right outside the office. First one I searched around for a bullet. Sounded like someone was shooting at me. Second one a couple hours later, the missus was out back and s ared the bujeezus out of her.
20221020_173756.jpg
20221020_173749.jpg

Need to put a new one together. Can hopefully get the time in December.

Latest posts

Back