Theodocious Atrocious

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get a little bit done this morning. Perfecting the chainline takes a minute sometimes, but when it's on-point it'll go forever. The Izumi Jet Black chain was intended for the Red Rocker, but the fit was too good to leave it off. I had initially thought a half-link BMX chain was going to be required with the short horizontal-ish reach of the rear dropouts.

20220113_125830.jpg

20220113_125915.jpg

I'll wait for the front cable stop to arrive before finishing things up with the brakes, which is all that's left.

Time to go ride on this beautiful 50f day on the Far Side of the Divide here in Colorful Colorado.

Thanks, @Palepainter This seems to be one of those builds that turns out better than envisioned, which always makes it more fun. I'd wager your Cycle Truck is one of those for you as well.

A little time was spent on restoring and mounting the original brakeset yesterday. Really all that's left is hooking up that Exage rear U-Brake and setting it properly. The hanger cable routing seems counterintuitive, but I know it was all original and this bike had never been monkeyed with. The front brake dialed right in and looks fantastic with all of the original hardware, including the Shimano D/93 hanger cable and yoke assembly. For some reason I really like those hanger/yoke setups for their aesthetics, even though ease of setup and functionality are things I like about them as well.

Now, for it to stop snowing long enough after this morning's storm to allow for some pump track shenanigans and proper pics.

The fit on compact geometry Mountain or BMX bikes meant to deal on is all about top tube length, IMO. This build was largely experimental and is going to be sold eventually. My next move in this realm is to build up a few different sized bikes on less attractive frames for people to demo before they drop coin on something like Theodocious Atrocious.

Latest posts

Back