THIS SUNDAY - Seattle Old Bike Swap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With only one week to go I'm giving this event a nudge

Hi,
this is an announcement to let everyone know that the Seattle Old Bike Swap site is up and running for 2013, our 25th year!

You can talk to us via the event email at:

[email protected]

And, you can find event details and pay for a vending site via Pay Pal at our website at:

https://sites.google.com/site/seattleoldbikeswap/

This year the event is being held one week earlier than our traditional “last Sunday in March” date as the Easter Bunny (the March Hare?) has dibs on the last Sunday

Seattle Swap News – Saturday Pre-functions

Seattle Swap News – Saturday Pre-functions

Hi, here is the latest Seattle OBS info. I am posting in two separate posts to keep things generally readable.

Saturday Pre-functions

Tacoma

Breakfast and Ride

The Tacoma Skidkings will be meeting at the Broken Spoke in Tacoma at 11:00 am for a meet and greet and ride to start off the Swap weekend. if you would like to join them show up at the Broken Spoke at 11:00 am (1014 S MLK Jr Way, Tacoma, Washington 98405) or contact a Skidking at [email protected]. If you will be in town without wheels they may be able to supply you with a ride if you talk to them before Saturday

Seattle

Dinner and Collection Crawl

Because the northern events on Saturday are following those in Tacoma we have left the start times for our Seattle events purposefully loose.

The general plan is to meet for a dinner at about 6:30pm in the Seattle/Shoreline area (location and exact time to be decided) and visit a collection or two afterward. There is also potential for collection visits before dinner but coordination is still being worked out to achieve the best mix for the size of the group we generate. If you would like to join the group for dinner or meet along the trail you will need to call Ron Summer, our northern event coordinator, either to twist his arm to make plans or so you can call him on Saturday to find out where and when to meet up with the entourage.

If you don’t have Ron’s phone number you can PM me and leave your phone number, I will pass that on to Ron for a return call.

Seattle Swap News – Swap Meet Additions

Seattle Swap News – Swap Meet Additions

Bike Corral:

We will again feature an area for the placement of single bikes for sale by non-vendors. For a nominal fee you can park your bike and leave it to be sold by our swap staff. This area will be located in the Southwest corner of the room between Skid Row and my booth. If you have questions about placing a bike in the bike corral you can ask in this thread PM me.

The FREE! Bin:

We all have things we would rather never see again and in the spirit of reaching a higher Karmic plane I will set an area aside (after all the vendors get set up) where you can place bikes and bike related items (sorry, we are not accepting used couches and appliances at this time) that are FREE! for the taking.

The caveat is that you must clearly and individually label the items with both your name and the word “FREE!”. This insures your Karma points will not be incorrectly parceled out but more importantly, if no-one takes your item by 2pm, you will be responsible for chaining it back around your neck and dragging it off-site for final burial.

And… Bike Show!

We have saved room on the stage at the back of the room to display about a dozen bikes, If you have something special to show please bring it and we will place it (FREE!) behind the ropes for the general public to see the end product of our obsession. This is meant as a place to show bikes that are NFS but if you have something special you want to place in the lineup that is for sale, a small placard saying so is fine. Items placed in the show area that are for sale will be considered part of the bike corral and charged the nominal fee. Again I can answer your questions either in this thread or through PM's.

Latest posts

Back