This weekend's project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna throw some new Russel S.S. drilled rotors on my Sporty chopper. While the wheel's off that means new grease seals, bearings etc. New pads too.

P1012382.jpg

I modified a $5 tag sale scissor jack with some steel channel and plates to allow me to clamp the rear wheel in the lift wheel vice and raise the front. They want $75 for these on ebay.

P1012383.jpg

P1012384.jpg

Up, up and away.

P1012385.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
What kind is it :?:

it's '75 to '83 harley sportster. (ironhead w/ the shift on the left side).
of course it's hard to tell w/ the aftermarket frame, but if i had to narrow it down by the sliders on the front end i'd guess it's '77 to '79.

i'm sure ej will let us know soon enough.

by the by, what kinda frame is that? it doesnt look like a paucho. it kinda looks like a flyrite, but it aint.

i may have a question for ya in the future about that bike. my(evohead) sporty is also a dual plug head. i've been lookin' for a decent aftermarket coil. it looks like ya found a decent one.

What the heck ya wanna ride that stupid thing for?...............What about "Sir Loin of Beef", "King Daddio"....WHAT is wrong with you?

Ride it? Naw, i ain't gonna ride it. I'm gonna stand next to it with my arms folded and pose like dem O.C.C.
guys! I've had this bike for a looonnngg time. I'll have to scan my old pics some day and post em. It's a 1983 XLX I paid $3000 for. It was practically stock when I bought it. She's a work in progress and the one bike I will never sell. It's running a Dyna 2000 dual plug ignition. The heads were dual plugged, ported and flow tested by Dan Vance. Dan's Harley drag bike held the world record multiple occasions.
I assembled the top end and rebuilt the tranny. I built the tank and hidden front master cylinder set up. I built the battery box which is mounted with 5 vibration isolators. I built the pipes, chain guard/rear master cylinder mount, forward controls (lake pipe cap brake pedal), head light mount, S.S. seat hinge, S.S. fender struts rear caliper mounts, top motor mount and oil filter mount. The coil mounting bracket is IMO ine of the coolest things on the bike. It holds the coil, the voes switch and carb all with one bracket. The seat is a modified worksman trike pan with 1.5" of gel pad.
I'm very happy with the dual plug heads. Iron heads are 'Hemi' heads but with the stock plug location at about 10 o'clock which causes there to be unburnt fuel on the opposite side of the combuston chamber. D.P. heads cures that. I find the plugs don't foul and seem to last longer. It definitely run's better. Thanks for the compliments.
Hey Kota! I rode S.L.O.B. 12 miles tonite. How's that? I had to ride off that Chili's bacon burger, my favorite.

Here's some other pics:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

ej599 said:
Hey Kota! I rode S.L.O.B. 12 miles tonite. How's that? I had to ride off that Chili's bacon burger, my favorite.

Here's some other pics:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Had Mac's chicken snack wraps for supper, we only had to ride six miles...................That's a sic looking bike!

[quote="sensor :lol:
hey....what size is that rear tire? and is it bias or radial?[/quote]

occ-1.jpg

130 radial

i have those rotors on my Kinger, they are a nice upgrade and make a cool sound when braking

3079305197_e5791f8b4a_b.jpg

Road King's look cool with apes. Nice bike.Well, I didn't finish this weekend. Had some other family stuff to do and the washer sprung a leak last night, so I'm mopping water now then i get to rip that apart. 'Everyday's a build off!' Yeah right! :roll: :lol:

Ha ha! Rinse, spin and wheelie. Mine may soon be melted down and used to be a suzuki. Rusted tub-oh well 17 years of use, can't complain. But a washing machine build off would be cool.

Latest posts

Back