This Weeks Finds- X-53, 48 Higgins, 40s? Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I regretfully sold my X-53 last year and have been sort of looking for a replacement ever since. When I picked this one up from a local member it was totally in pieces so I did a quick clean, lube, reassemble, added some tires and called it a day. This one is probably not getting a restore so it will forever be a ratty rider :D

002-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

I picked these next 2 up together from a CL ad. Look for them parted out in the For Sale section soon.

Im guessing this is a early 40s Schwinn? Has the planes and trains head badge and serial number is shown if that helps date it?

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Lastly I picked up this 48-49 mens Higgins. Pretty basic bike but it still has some useful parts.

003-1.jpg

Awesome finds! :D Your parting out the 48 Higgins? :? Is it skiptooth?

I'm interested if you sell/part out 8)

I hope to find a X53 some day!
Great finds!

silvertonguedevil said:
kingfish254 said:
Great finds!
X2! I hope to replace the one I had to sell recently. :cry:

Your X-53 as really nice and very fairly priced, no surprise it sold so quickly. A Fleetline like yours is on my wish list too :)
I do know of a 4 other X-53 for sale between $500-$1500 if anyone is looking I can point them in the right direction.

Thanks for the heads up, but the "Mr. Haney" and Fred G in me are waiting until I find one for less than Franklin. :mrgreen:
A guy can dream can't he????

Bri,

Are the 4 other ones from the guy I sold my red one to???

Joe

Bri-in-RI said:
silvertonguedevil said:
kingfish254 said:
Great finds!
X2! I hope to replace the one I had to sell recently. :cry:

Your X-53 as really nice and very fairly priced, no surprise it sold so quickly. A Fleetline like yours is on my wish list too :)
I do know of a 4 other X-53 for sale between $500-$1500 if anyone is looking I can point them in the right direction.

I hate you. I really hate you. Just kidding dude! Awesome finds, especially the X-53!!! :shock: The other two are cool too... I had a '49 Higgins but I tossed it into the woods... that Schwinn looks to me like maybe about...'52ish perhaps? What do you guys think, am I wrong? :?

The Schwinn has a braced truss fork. Early post war. Does it have a tapered kickstand? If so, '46. If not, '47. Gary

Latest posts

Back