Threadless Forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody please explain to me about threadless forks.

I'm kind of interested in this chopper style for my late model Huffy Cranbrook balloon tired frame.

http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... ba4a417798

Will it fit? Seems like I would need to order additional parts to go with the fork for the frame, or will some of the parts from the stock fork worK?

Do I need a different handlebar stem?

I was originally thinking of a chromed springer, but what's this "threadless" thing all about?

Sorry to be so clueless, but I'm reading and learning.

Thanks!

cman,

Thank you so much!

This is such a good place and great helpful people.

yep your frame should be intended for a 1" steer fork so you are good to go along with the other parts mentioned.

The only problem with 1" threadless forks is that the selection of them isn't the biggest to choose from. I went threadless with my BSA and was lucky enough to find a decent carbon fork for it. My Elgin straight bar frame build will be going threadless also. Though I using my original headset. If you have access to a 1" drill bit or someone who can drill out the threads then you can use the original headset and save a few bucks. Only thing is a lot of chrome headsets are hardened steel and are a nightmare to bore out. The stock one that came on the Elgin was a breeze to drill out. The original headset on the BSA was chromed hardened steel and wouldn't give up anything. My maintenance guy at work didn't want to risk damaging a 1" drill bit which are kinda pricey. Just another option.

Latest posts

Back