Thunder Jet Landed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My neighbor showed me this bike a few months ago when it was hanging around his shed in pieces and I liked what little I saw of it. I needed some time to make room for it and after the recent sale of a couple of my other old bikes knew it was time to talk Turkey and seal the deal.
The bike is now home and coming together, but I have a fork issue to overcome before final assembly.
The fork issue is posted in 'How To' section and any shared experience/help is appreciated.

Who made the thunder jet frame? Nice looking badge design up front.

Looks similar to a huffy i picked up this past weekend - except it has a plastic tank and different fork.

Edit: assuming it is just the top tube and no middle bar.

Who made the thunder jet frame? Nice looking badge design up front.

Looks similar to a huffy i picked up this past weekend - except it has a plastic tank and different fork.

Edit: assuming it is just the top tube and no middle bar.

The bike was built by Chain Bike Corp., Rockaway Beach NY.
The company later moved to Pa. and continued building Ross badged bikes.

Awesome find!! Love that springer and the badge. Any particulars on how you're going to build it?
I'll keep it pretty simple and original cosmetically once I figure out the fork issue and clearances.
Whenever I get a new 'keeper' bike, the parts usually flow between 2 or 3 others to optimize each bike.
Of course, 1/2 the parts listed below are currently in use on other bikes, so at this point, with parts on hand, likely a multi speed hub, an old Higgins or Schwinn rack, 6 star sprocket and maybe some apes.
The tank horn and Delta Hawk headlight are in very clean condition, so I'll get them working as well.

Latest posts

Back