TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️TIRES SELECTED⚡️⚡️⚡️TANK BUILDING⚡️⚡️⚡️FENDER & SKIRT MOCK-UP⚡️⚡️⚡️PIPES⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of hive parts right there!
Cool solution for your seat post. I am guessing that should work fine.
The 5/8 post and sleeve were a close to snug fit. I slathered the JB weld on both the post and sleeve. Unless I try to do the twist while riding, I think it will hold up fine. ✌🏻
Looking forward to this!
Hopefully I’ll get time this weekend to tackle the tank. It will be a drawn out process though. ✌🏻

I made a choice of tires I wanted to run. These aggressive looking Ralson nylon tires are 2.35 wide with a thick knobby. Going to need some heat from the sun to squeeze them on. Nylon is not very forgiving.
IMG_5385.jpeg
IMG_5386.jpeg

Today I got the tank roughly cut out of the 2x4. I think I may have just enough sculpture block to make the tank from. I still have to trim up the buck to slide through the tank housing, then I can add the foam and start sculpting something. I am going to play with the idea of adding pipes for a fun look. I also mocked up a fender skirt set that I really like, but unsure if it will head that way. I have a duck tailed front fender, that fits nicely with the skirt on the back and accomplishes the “bobbed” fender look I want. I prefer to flip front fenders to the back for that look, which keeps me from cutting up good fenders and I can also revert back to an original configuration.
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5388.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5393.jpeg
IMG_5331.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg
IMG_5392.jpeg

Last edited:
Back