To go out in the cold, or not to go out in the cold

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That is the question...

I give you "The Facts":

1. It is currently -1f out right now.
2. It won't be any warmer in the morning.
3. It will likely be snowing in the morning.
4. It will likely be sleeting in the evening.
5. I have to get up a 6:00 and have the kids loaded in the truck by 7:00 to bring them to school.
6. There will be 6"-10" on the ground when i come home from work.

The way I see it I have three options.

1. Get my gear on now and put the plow on the truck in the cold and dark.
2. Get up earlier in the mornign and put the plow on in the cold and dark and possibly snowing.
3. Wait till I get home and put the plow on in the cold, dark and snowing or potentially sleeting.

Better to do it now while you know the weather conditions. I wish we had some cold and snow. Yesterday at the ski hill it poured rain all day.

I'd say might as well do it now. My truck is broke last summer or I'd have one on it. well that and it looked like a lowrider with it on.....lol (VW Rabbit pickups and snowplows don't mix)

I'm shivering just thinking of you out there in the dark, cold, freezing night with no lights, and did you know it's cold out there and dark. Buuuurrrrrr

So I went out and did it last night. Wasn't so bad, I've been having trouble with the main hinge pins but modified them last week. They went in fine. Only one frozen hydraulic fitting.

This morning, 100% School and 100% snowing. :D

DSCF2040.JPG

Forecast was for 4"-8", we got 10". bit of rain last night to top it off but fortunately I left enough snow on the ground to soak it up and my driveway didn't turn into a luge run by this morning. I'll have to post a photo or two of how steep it is... :shock:

Snow banks are getting high! Murphy's law.... Took the plow off this Am, clear skies & forecast was for dusting to 1" tonight. It started snowing at 9:00 am and hasn't stopped, forecast changed to 2-4".

And for Friday, 4-8", and for Saturday-Sunday 4-8" on top of that.

Hope I dont have to hire a back hoe guy to push snowbanks.

Took a picture of my Cycletruck yard art this morning. it's up to the rear axle.

Walker said:
Snow banks are getting high! Murphy's law.... Took the plow off this Am, clear skies & forecast was for dusting to 1" tonight. It started snowing at 9:00 am and hasn't stopped, forecast changed to 2-4".

Took a picture of my Cycletruck yard art this morning. it's up to the rear axle.

Please share the photo.

outskirtscustoms said:
Walker said:

Please share the photo.
i agree....
i think it was 59 and sunny 2day..i love our winters... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back