TODAY'S WEATHER FORECAST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
sun_tour.jpg

I'm not quite sure how people survived these temps back before air conditioning was invented.

People must have slept in the shade a lot. :oops:

wx_weekly_230.jpg

Eh.. about the same here. Heat index of 111 today

I just got back from 4 hours of mowing, weed whacking, clearing brush during the hottest part of the day. Gee.... thanks son!

boy that shower felt real good!!!

Here in good old Simsbury, CT it was 103.8 in the shade at 1:47 PM on my digital thermometer. I took a picture of the thermometer and sent it to my wife at work. This was last week. Funny thing is at 6 PM it was 100.2 degrees Just unbeleivably HOTTTTTT! My lawn looks like burnt toast. It crunches like pretzels under my feet.

Hot here too, real feel of 110, the humidity sucks. I mowed from 9am until lunch time on a rider, but it was HOT! The bugs where everywhere, drove me nuts. I stayed in the shop until 9pm tonight. You're just wet all the time. Suppose to be hotter tomorrow. Dean

yeshoney said:
Here in good old Simsbury, CT it was 103.8 in the shade at 1:47 PM on my digital thermometer. I took a picture of the thermometer and sent it to my wife at work. This was last week. Funny thing is at 6 PM it was 100.2 degrees Just unbeleivably HOTTTTTT! My lawn looks like burnt toast. It crunches like pretzels under my feet.
Thats how it is in northern CT :D

vanilla_gorilla said:
i work on the road department in my county. 105 with 100% humidity. yey midsummer NJ temps!
they give me a 1988 ford f-100 with vinyl seats and no a/c only those lame little side windows

I dont know if thats possible... 104 with 50% humidity = heat index of 131 :shock: :shock: :shock:

either way.... thats HOT!!

I heard the East coast went thru a major heat wave a while back, did it ever drop back down to just hot? or is it still Lava flow hot??

Ratfink1962 said:
vanilla_gorilla said:
i work on the road department in my county. 105 with 100% humidity. yey midsummer NJ temps!
they give me a 1988 ford f-100 with vinyl seats and no a/c only those lame little side windows

I dont know if thats possible... 104 with 50% humidity = heat index of 131 :shock: :shock: :shock:

either way.... thats HOT!!

I heard the East coast went thru a major heat wave a while back, did it ever drop back down to just hot? or is it still Lava flow hot??

The heat index would be around 230 give or take a couple degrees. I have been in Houston when it felt like that. :shock:

tired of the heat emergencies,it is 86 at 1:25pm humidity is 70% 91 by 5 pm. last week it was in the 90's with 96% humidity .temperature at work is 120 plus

its still lava flow hot out. right now its almost midnight its 85 degrees and 50% humidity haha
it certainly feels like 230 degrees somedays. i get my stats from aol.com i dunno how good their weather folks are, maybe they like to make up numbers

In the summer, I want to move to International Falls, MN. In the winter, I want to move to The Heart of Dixie. I guess I need to get rich and famous and buy two houses and migrate like a bird. Wouldn't it be great! I could have a bunch of bikes to ride at each house. :mrgreen: Gary...stuck here forever :roll:
Stay Cool!

Latest posts

Back