Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 x 2.80 originally came on some red spoked wheels that were slightly wider than the average rim. They barely fit in the mags but the look is awesome. Still looking for a 24" frame to put them on.

As far as space I just got a bigger storage unit and I'm filling it up rapidly. Going to be doing a break down day soon just to get some bikes broken down into parts and run a load of scrap and keep it under control.

I would normally pass on them too but I have a few actually decent BMX bikes that need wheels and tires and buying 2 parts bikes is cheaper than buying tires and tubes.

Last edited:
Fenders on and painted, new crank, chainring, Spyder, bolts, pedals, handlebars, tires, seat, valve stem caps... But it looks great now.
IMG_20220919_222031690.jpg

So I stopped in the antique shop this morning looking for a seat for the Schwinn Hollywood I just picked up and was hopeful I could find a Schwinn S seat in blue and no such luck but I did spot this cool Schwinn ???American??? Hanging from the rafters. I look at the tag and it's only $45 which is really low considering this antique shop. Then I notice a sign that says everything in that booth 15% off. So for $40.93 I couldn't say no and I got another bike.
IMG_20220921_103706844.jpg

Chainring is wrong but I think I have an extra one laying around.

IMG_20220921_104212980.jpg

The guy at the antique shop about flipped his lid when I put the whole bike wheels, basket, and all in the trunk and closed the lid.

IMG_20220921_104216629.jpg

Cool that's a 24" tired bike right?
Great size for growing kids...
I thought it was 26 but now I'll have to look. If it is 24 I have an idea though.

Went back through the pictures and spotted the perfect view. It's a 26".

IMG_20220921_103717303~2.jpg

Non oem wheels too but is common when tires needed replacing. Good find.

Non oem wheels too but is common when tires needed replacing. Good find.
I have a set of OG wheels on the Hollywood I picked up so I'll probably use those then move these Wheels back to the Hollywood.
IMG_20220919_085240395.jpg

Good find. It looks like a 3 speed coaster hub. Columbia chain wheel.

Is the Hollywood 26 x 1 3/8ths?

That pic where you circled the tire size looks like you buckled the seatbelt over the bike.
Good job being responsible and all.
We gots to keep these bikes safe when riding in the car. 😂😂
It actually folds down with the seat back. One of the many Saab quirks. Along with it's huge trunk, great fuel economy, and sweet turbo noises.

I think it's 26x1.50 I'd have to look. And I think it is single speed. I've not really looked at them yet. I need to make time to go through my 15 bikes and sort out what's what.

I believe that Hollywood has the S6 wheels, like the lightweights 26 x 1 3/8ths. Skinny tires. Your "new" bike used S7 originally, close to the 26 x 1.75 regular wheels on there now. 26 x 1.75 rims will handle wider tires while S7 is fairly limited in tire sizes and styles. It's possible those rims will shine up and be usable, but you'll need a cable and shifter for the 3 speed hub unless you like a high gear.
The Hollywood chain wheel is a good match though.
I'd give more than 50 bucks for the bare frame alone if I could find one here.

The Hollywood is a single speed with 26 x 1 3/4 tires

The men's has some aftermarket wheels and
26 x 1.75 tires.

So if everything goes to plan I might be picking up something I've dreamed of owning and never thought I'd own or be able to afford without significant sacrifice in the financial department. Not gonna say what it is just yet just that it's of holy grail status and I'm getting it for a song. It will need some restoration and a few hard to find parts but it will be worth it to cross this off my list.

This bike deal is keeping me awake I can't sleep. It's literally 3am in the morning. Am I obsessed?

Last edited:
Ok so I won't reveal what the bike is till I own it but I'll give a hint if you want to really know you can search and find out. On November 9th 2011 I first saw one and made a post about it asking if it was real or someone's creation. I have been searching for an affordable one ever since.

Latest posts

Back