Took a big step today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a big step today and got my FEIN so I could go out on my own and do construction on my own, wish it was for a bike shop but that will have to wait till next year.

If you stay small and don't try to get too carried away you can make some
good money doing it. I was a union bricklayer for 15 years and use to take
small side jobs and could make a weeks worth of money in a weekend.
Always did good. :wink: I wish you luck.

Thanks Uncle stretch. Aint to worried about getting to big just worried about staying busy. the bad side is theres so many hacks willing to do stuff bad for next to nothing. I will have to prove to people Im not one of them

You know if you get around a senior place you can pickup work really easy.
They are always looking for someone to do work on their houses and stuff.

yeah I have been helping another guy and we was doing alot for older people but hes an older guy himself and dont like working alot any more. So besided helping him I can legally get other work .

dragnusa said:
Thanks Uncle stretch. Aint to worried about getting to big just worried about staying busy. the bad side is theres so many hacks willing to do stuff bad for next to nothing. I will have to prove to people Im not one of them
I hear ya! Too mank folks are set on lowest price, and WE know they're gonna get a sloppy job. I'm working with a company called Handyman HR3 as a subcontractor. They have the office, website, leads, and most importantly, liability insurance! They call me with leads, I can choose to take them or pass, i write the estimates, they do follow up calls, and they split the $85/hour labor 50/50! Though, I'm writing jobs real lean on time, so I ahve a better chance at getting them. I wrote a paint job for 5 hours, and it ended up taking 10. So I 'only' made $22/hr. Can't complain at that! On the other hand, I drove a few hundred miles for 4 estimates over the last few days, and only sold one so far. Guess it's better than nothing. -Adam

Latest posts

Back