Tornado just hit our town

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Tornado hit about 2.5 hours ago. Lots of damage, no news on any deaths/injuries. Keep us in your prayers. Sorry no photos, lots of church members are posting them on Facebook, I decided not to go out and get in the way of all the police/rescue/fire and powerline workers.

Thanks guys.

No serious injuries, no deaths... here. 11 people killed about 1.5 hours from here in Bertie county where my wife's parents grew up and still own land, but they don't live there now. Deaths and injuries in other parts of the state as well.

Here the tornado dropped and went through a very busy part of town and wiped out the Sonic drive thru (which is always busy and full of cars), so amazed that nobody was hurt. It hit a couple residential areas and we have trees on houses and flat cars, but all that stuff can be fixed. I just found a little footage on youtube of the middle of town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CctkkI5EMKM

The NC Baptist Men have stationed themselves here at the church and are out removing trees from houses, they were here early Sunday morning and had already been other places set up saturday just after the tornados. They are an amazing group, in disaster relief worldwide, they are number 3 behind Red Cross and Salvation Army, that not the Baptist Men, but the North Carolina Baptist Men. That's pretty cool.

blackdiamond said:
My small(now much much smaller) town was hit by a kansas-planes style 1/2 mile wide one last night.
cars can hardly go anywhere.

Sorry to hear this, is everyone ok?

blackdiamond said:
everyone i know is...but 4dead-40 lost.
90% of the town was leveled.
it ended in one of the largest subdivisions.
it took out all of main street.
never ever been one like this before.

Look for canary yellow/gold shirts and hats, I hope the Baptist men will be out cleaning up soon.

Latest posts

Back