Town and Country Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think a fair price on this kinda sad old Schwinn would be? She wants 100 but in my area thats dreaming. I told her 25 but I may go a little higher. Will call her back in a few days. The bike is about 60 miles away so I have not seen in person and thats a long drive to go "look". I definitly would not do over 30 or 35.00. I find too many trykes cheap Looks like it doesnt even have a tire on left rear rim and who knows if they may be bent or warped which is common on trikes. .
esy5uva9.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It looks like the later model with the differential axle. Very few trikes were 2 wheel drive. If that part is in good shape, it is worth the asking price. If that is shot, the bike isn't worth more than scrap metal rates because you won't likely find a replacement diff. Looks like it's been sitting out getting rusty. Hard to tell with that image. When I bought mine, I had to take it apart to get it in the station wagon. Just pulling the bars and stem didn't make it low enough to fit. Seat post and front wheel had to come off too. The differential axle models may be a more stable ride. Mine is the older off set axle and it's pretty wobbly.

Its looks a lot more stable than the 1963/66 Sear 3 speed trike I have. Its always messing with me on a ride with the rear wheels moving out of line and having to re tighten them up and its basically a love hate relationship.

She texted a bad pic but I blew it up some but blurry. Cant tell about paint but rust doesnt look bad. My next offer of 35 is final. Around here that tryke would sell for less than 100 in perfect condition. Nobody would give her 20.00 as is. I wil. Let you know if I get it. Does anyone know if its a one speed coaster brake?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I can't tell much about the actual value of that trike from the pic provided, but in my experience, if someone's asking $100 they want about $75 for it, unless the ad has been up for a pretty long time. Also, from my experience selling things on Craigs, if someone's haggling the price before they've even seen it in-person, I don't pursue the sale with them. No return email, no callback, and just a polite "no thank you" if I'm speaking to them live on the phone.

That one may well be whooped and overpriced, but decent ones sell for a few hundred regularly. Plus it's a Chicago Schwinn. She'll find a buyer.

Decent deal. Nice ones go for about 350. There's a nice three speed in a barn up the road for a hundred and I'm surprised I haven't snapped that one up yet.

Back