Trash find!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found a set of aluminum crutches out in the trash! One will definitely be used as a sissy bar. The other I don't know, probably another sissy bar. What else can you do with them?

...or make one of these... :wink:
stool-made-of-crutches-and-bike-parts.jpg

I was cleaning out my step-dad's house and found a set of metal crutches from the 70s. I pulled them apart, crushed them up, and took them to the scrap yard. I was scared somebody might pick them old things out of the trash, get hurt, then I get sued. Its very possible. Maybe I'm paranoid?

Anyway, I didn't know there was such uses for old crutches. Bar stools? Thats unique!

Just great, Now you have to show me other cool uses for crutches. One more thing to look for at yard sales. I already have one pair of metal ones and one pair of wooden ones.

outskirtscustoms said:
That wood make a cool sissy bar :mrgreen: . Oldschool wood crutch sissy bar. :idea:

I plan on making a wood banana seat out of an old wooden water ski and the use the wooden crutch for the sissy bar.

Sweet! I got my sissy bar mounted up on my spaceliner
PB130004.jpg

I used some bolts from a set of old roller blades to give it a much more streamlined look.
PB130010.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics my camera sucks.

I would cut the top tube down to about 1" and cap it and get rid of that silly looking bumper.. :?:

Oh neat job by the way..!

Or mount a skull or something else cool on the top.

jaydub said:
I would cut the top tube down to about 1" and cap it and get rid of that silly looking bumper.. :?:

Oh neat job by the way..!

Yeah I actually plan to do something about that. Just got to find something to stick up there. Kinda thinking of capping it and hang a flag off of it.

Latest posts

Back