Triple power tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i started with this tandem that my dad gave me a couple of years ago.

PC030693.jpg

The idea is to mount a little engine from a kit to help with the hills in Durban where we stay. no we are not lazy the hills are just a little hectic...

so i decided to mount it under my seat as would normally be mounted in a normal bicycle. it would just require a monster long chain... decided i'll deal with the issues of chain stretch when they come around...

so i removed the extra cross bar and welded the piece back that to make it look rounded off. was great welding exercise:

PC030698.jpg

PC030700.jpg

a little problem came up with the pedals. the left pedal does not clear the engine so i'll need to take it to work to bend it a bit:

PC030702.jpg

I'm going to be making it black and white to keep it simple... more on the color once I've got the pedals working

ok i have had the bike running for a week or so and i have been using it to work. loving it, even with a 48 tooth i still need to pedal fairly hard sometimes up the hills here. i have also had the whole family on it for a little outing to the local botanic gardens on new years day. was a nice trip!

here is a pic at work and one at the botanic gardens.

IMAGE_158.jpg

P1010797.jpg

more on what i did here : http://www.triplepowertandem.blogspot.com

Latest posts

Back