Triple Threat Muscle Bike Voting Poll

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote here for your favorite Muscle Bikes

• 1. 1937 Shelby Muscle Truck "Shelbinator"

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • 2. 1971 AMF Aerobee

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • 3. 2 OUTTA 3

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 4. The Airship is Back

• 5. Alpine Spyder

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 6. Al-U-Mini

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 7. Bleus Muscle

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 8. J.C. Piggins

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • 9. The Ladybug

• 10. Lazarus

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • 11. Leftover Bits

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 12. Little Bubba

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • 13. Momento Mori

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 14. Murray Drag Star Bike

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • 15. Muscle Bound

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 16. Old Glory

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 17. Project Schwinn Big Chick

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 18. Renegade

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 19. The Super Fueler

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
(Don't forget to also go cast your votes on the separate Off Road and Skinny Voting Poll Threads!)

Thanks to everyone that joined in on our first ever Triple Threat BO with three well represented categories of ratrodbikes!

You've got until Monday, January 23, 9 pm Central Time to cast your votes, and you can choose as many or as few bikes as you want , but ALL your voting must be done in one sitting. Once you hit the 'vote' button you are done, you can't come back later to cast more votes.

You must be a registered forum member to vote.

Good luck to everyone!

1. 1937 Shelby Muscle Truck "Shelbinator" - Palepainter

1937 Shelby Muscle Truck Shelbinator - Palepainter.jpeg

2. 1971 AMF Aerobee - CRASH

1971 AMF Aerobee - CRASH.jpeg

3. 2 OUTTA 3 - sdframe

2 OUTTA 3 - sdframe.jpg

4. The Airship is Back - GTHOtrod

The Airship is Back - GTHOtrod.jpg

5. Alpine Spyder - Lowe Beau

Alpine Spyder - Lowe Beau.jpeg

6. Al-U-Mini - Ulu

Al-U-Mini - Ulu.jpeg

7. Bleus Muscle - KJV

Bleus Muscle - KJV.jpg

8. J.C. Piggins - Mr. Monkeyarms

J.C. Piggins - Mr. Monkeyarms.jpg

9. The Ladybug - twojs.bike

The Ladybug - twojs.bike.jpeg

10. Lazarus - JA331

Lazarus - JA331.jpg

11. Leftover Bits - Ulu

Leftover Bits - Ulu.jpeg

12. Little Bubba - rickpaulos

Little Bubba - rickpaulos.jpg

13. Momento Mori - Hank Street

Momento Mori - Hank Street.jpeg

14. Murray Drag Star Bike - tanksalot

Murray Drag Star Bike - tanksalot.jpg

15. Muscle Bound - The Renaissance Man

Muscle Bound - The Renaissance Man.jpg

16. Old Glory

Old Glory - Bob Stuke.jpg

17. Project Schwinn Big Chick - Slow-Rider

Project Schwinn Big Chick - Slow-Rider.jpg

18. Renegade - 100 mile howie

Renegade - 100 mile howie.jpg

19. The Super Fueler - CRASH

The Super Fueler - CRASH.png

I love this part of the Build Offs whether a participant or not! 😍 It's great seeing all the hard work and creativity in one place. Now for the hard part: VOTING!😂😂😂

Gotta go back through the build threads since there was much that I missed trying to finish my own bike. Thankful we have a few days to choose winners in 3 categories.🤓

Thank you & Great job to all the Builders & congrats on your new bike!!✌️

I meant to only vote for one…😐 (not mine by the way so please feel free to strike it if you will). But I just wanted to say how much fun it’s been to have participated in what I hope to be the first of many to come. Props to all of the creative talents that have come together to create a collage of beautiful examples of functional art. And on that note…cheers y’all! Hey

That “Hey” was a mistake (autocorrect 🤬)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to @CRASH for 2 bikes in the top 3 votes & @Palepainter for tying for 3rd most votes! It was fun & inspirational once again to see the skill & knowledge applied/shared by everyone! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who voted for J.C. Piggins! I never imagined it would be able to compete with the more complicated custom builds nor was my intent. It was a good excuse to build a fun bike, without stressing over it, that I've had in my head since finding the bike. I am truly grateful & humbled.:happy:

Now I wish it would dry up around here so I can ride it more!😂🐷
IMG_20230114_165344111.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone for a job well done! @CRASH the Super Fueler was spot on, great job! I can only imagine what my life would've been like had I owned that bike back in the seventies!!!

I'm very happy to share 6th place with the Evans and Old Glory. It was a stretch to shoe horn that bike into the muscle bike category for sure. But it was interesting for me to dig into the history that lead to the muscle bike era and that made it fun to think about how to make it period correct as much as possible. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions and feedback along the way!

It looks like my AL-U-Mini tied Momento Mori for 8th place (!) I am duly jazzed. :)

Poor little Leftover Bits came in dead last, yet I must confess that this was by design & I purposely did not post the best photo of it with the front whitewall, & pretty new white grips and pedals.

I entered it just so AL-U-Mini couldn’t come in dead last. :D

In my world, all the 8 grandkids wanted to ride the Leftover Bits, and had to take turns. It was very popular (and the kids go from 7 to 22 in age.)

Those kids haven’t seen the AL-U-Mini yet though.

Last edited:
It was a pleasure. I can’t wait for the next. Congratulations once more on some mind boggling examples of functional art. One love

Was a pleasure to take part in this and it was fun watching everyone else create theirs. I need to take a welding class to step it up in the future. Ulu, I would gladly take 9th place as your build is super clean. Thanks everyone for the help and comments along the way!

Was a pleasure to take part in this and it was fun watching everyone else create theirs. I need to take a welding class to step it up in the future. Ulu, I would gladly take 9th place as your build is super clean. Thanks everyone for the help and comments along the way!

Why thank you Hank! That’s one of the nicest things anyone has said about my bikes. Not that I’ve had a poor reception here. Everyone has been extremely gracious.

Thank you for the votes. It was a good, motivational group this year. It was difficult juggling 4 different builds, but this group kept me motivated, so thank you!

I don't think it'll get any better out of me than the Super Fueler. That may have been my Mona Lisa, and I may just retire from the MBBO with this win. So thank you again for the support!

I remember how this started now. My wife told me that we needed some more bicycles.

Now she’s telling me that we have enough. When she starts telling me that we have too many, then I may quit building.

Latest posts

Back