TRM Speedline BRAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
I decided to jump in last month just to showcase our TRM SPEEDLINE reproduction parts. Rather than build a stock version of the Shelby Airflow or in this case the Hiawatha Arrow, I decided to build a custom drawing inspiration from 'brat style' motorcycles.

This is the result. Thanks for looking.

Click for the build thread HERE.

FINAL PHOTO.jpg

The past several days have made things difficult to finish the paint on the bike due to the excessive rain. The photo shoot was no exception! I decided to roll with it and left the bike dripping wet for the photos!
IMG_4558.JPG

Got just enough of a break in the rain yesterday evening before sunset.

IMG_4574.JPG
IMG_4572.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG
IMG_4592.JPG

Here's some of the details.

The rear carrier and the saddle are the only heavily modified parts. All of the support for the saddle is bolted to the fender bridge and the seat post. No actual seat post was used though, just the bolt hole on the post clamp.
IMG_4465.JPG

The fiberglass carrier was modified to allow the saddle to sit as low as possible. And because the saddle covered half of the carrier, the stamped detail in the carrier was shortened to end just behind the saddle.

IMG_4480.JPG

The NOS saddle itself came to me with some very 1970s' graphics!
IMG_4415.JPG

This was the final result after paint and new leather!

IMG_4550.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

I've been wanting to build a TRM Speedline for a while now but haven't done anything because of a long struggle with trying to find a machine shop to make some stamping dies for the headlight bezel. I still don't have that resolved yet but back in July I had a eureka moment that finally gave me the part that I needed to make the tanks complete.

I'm now making and including for free with every tank sold a 'one piece' lens/bezel!

IMG_4605.JPG

After proving the new part to work, I made the decision to jump into the build-off to finally present my Speedline Parts to everyone! Needless to say, I'm super excited with how it turned out and I'm glad to get some positive feedback on the build! Thanks again!

Thanks everyone!

I've been wanting to build a TRM Speedline for a while now but haven't done anything because of a long struggle with trying to find a machine shop to make some stamping dies for the headlight bezel. I still don't have that resolved yet but back in July I had a eureka moment that finally gave me the part that I needed to make the tanks complete.

I'm now making and including for free with every tank sold a 'one piece' lens/bezel!

View attachment 209223

After proving the new part to work, I made the decision to jump into the build-off to finally present my Speedline Parts to everyone! Needless to say, I'm super excited with how it turned out and I'm glad to get some positive feedback on the build! Thanks again!
Let me know if you need any sourcing help especially in the tool and die or stamping arena. I've got a fat rolodex

Love that you finally jumped in this year and the bike looks amazing. Great workhorse for your speedline parts, but more than that. Just an awesome build!!
BRAVO!!!

Latest posts

Back