"Trot Rot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONE! FINISHED!....COMPLETE! Rides beautifully. Glides effortlessly. This is the Rat Rod scooter I've been wanting to build for a while.

Finished photos next week.

100_0116.JPG
100_0118.JPG
100_0112.JPG

Like the looks of this. And the best part is, you don't have to worry about focusing on a 'drive side' pic for the final thread! :thumbsup:
:rofl: Thanks! That made me burst out laughing....I never thought of that.

Last edited:
Like the looks of this. And the best part is, you don't have to worry about focusing on a 'drive side' pic for the final thread! :thumbsup:
Well now I'm starting to feel the pressure. Because BOTH sides are drive sides. I'm screwed now!

Right side drive:
100_0116.JPG

Left side drive
100_0111.JPG

Wish I was a welder. I could see these being a big hit with the kids in our neighborhood. We live in a very hilly area with lots of meandering streets with 'rollers' in them. My boys lived on their Razor scooters during pre-teen days. They had one run called 'Epic-crete' (yes, they ARE my boys) that was 4 blocks long and according to my pace car (bike computer) they hit speeds around 15 mph. On those tiny little wheels....

Especially since it won the annual "Cooler Than Dangit" award.

You guys are killing me now....might have to get in on that.

What are these things like at speed KOTA?

I don't use them for speed....BUT, if you make them for speed, they go even better for a nice leisure cruise. My philosophy is: If it can go fast, it will go even better slow. I've seen people get these and then use them for garage decorations. They're under the misconception that you're going to go as fast as a bicycle. It's slower than a bike, but faster than walking. These are great for cross training (HA! not me). A lot of European athletes use these for cardio workouts ( not me), and racing....It's just a completely different feeling. Like I said I don't use them to go fast. I've had the one below at over 30mph downhill. Scared the crap out of me! But then again, on a bike doing 30mph downhill scares me also.
This is the one I use to just cruise around. It's a Kickbike Millenium Racer. It was rated as the fastest for about 12 years. It has been replaced with a new model. I removed the low slung handle bars and put more upright stem and bars on, for comfort....This will go as fast or faster downhill, than just about ANY bike produced today.
99a60e49-c961-466c-9a29-3a222a7a1701.JPG

I don't use them for speed....BUT, if you make them for speed, they go even better for a nice leisure cruise. My philosophy is: If it can go fast, it will go even better slow. .

Exactly!!! Only reason I asked was you guys really got me thinking how cool an electric one would be.

My exact philosophy though...make it super easy to pedal...goes hand in hand with making it fast.

I had this a few years ago. With 150cc it would go 55+mph. The little 10" wheels scared the heck out of me when doing 50. I eventually sold it. One problem was, it looked like a moped and people thought they HAD to pass me, no matter how fast I was going.

002-54.JPG

Last edited:
I really like the slant you gave to the rack! Just thw right bit of attitude! Congrats on a wicked and fun build man!

I really like the slant you gave to the rack! Just thw right bit of attitude! Congrats on a wicked and fun build man!
Thanks. After I drilled the holes, in the "not so" right place, I decided to keep the rack slanted. I was debating on putting it straight...But ah, what the heck.:bigsmile:...She's in the Finished Bikes now.

Its like one of those downforce wings on the back of a tuner car!

Latest posts

Back