troxel trackmasters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, there were my brothers growing up and i have had them for the past 15 years and i am finally getting around to doing something with them. i got the rear put together ok with the internal of a bendix hub, but I have no idea what's going on in the front! there are no "races" for the bearings, caged or loose, to ride in, and the hub seems to be straight through. Does this take roller bearings with some sort of diddly that holds them in place? can you still buy this stuff? any one willing to take theirs apart and post some pictures so I can see what I need to do here! thanks in advance!
100_4181_zps8513858c.jpg
100_4176_zps2d5c6193.jpg
100_4179_zps537ecde9.jpg
100_4177_zpsc7a200b8.jpg

flat black bart said:
so, there were my brothers growing up and i have had them for the past 15 years and i am finally getting around to doing something with them. i got the rear put together ok with the internal of a bendix hub, but I have no idea what's going on in the front! there are no "races" for the bearings, caged or loose, to ride in, and the hub seems to be straight through. Does this take roller bearings with some sort of diddly that holds them in place? can you still buy this stuff? any one willing to take theirs apart and post some pictures so I can see what I need to do here! thanks in advance!
100_4181_zps8513858c.jpg
100_4176_zps2d5c6193.jpg
100_4179_zps537ecde9.jpg
100_4177_zpsc7a200b8.jpg

I have a front troxel trakmaster I'll take a look, I think yours may be another rear trakmaster.

If you have no luck locating any bearings, look at wheel chair parts suppliers. That's a common style of bearing from a little older chair. Not sure on sizes though . Good luck.

Nice looking mags! :D

Back