Truck bed paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Need some advise or suggestions for sprucing up the bed on my truck. This is just your every day "Rolling Ugly" work truck but the steel flat bed is all surface rust which gets on everything. This truck was formerly a Massachusetts Public Works rig purchased at auction for cheap. I just had to accept base line interior, am/fm radio and some dents and so forth.

I need to grind off some tabs that were welded to the deck to secure a generator / welder. Once that is done I'd like to just clean it up a bit. I'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into this rig.

DSCN0026-2.jpg

Has anyone used the DIY bed liner paint? Either the brush / roll on type liquid or the spray can (Rustoleum) type? What kind of results did you get?

i donna how much id rely on the rattle can liner holding up to all that abuse. the guy that had my truck before me did a roll on kit and it did alright but its about 50% there now. it faded alot. he said he rolled it pretty thin and over time the sun beat it. i can get a pic if you wanna see. its a 99 truck so the job probably that old. ive only had it for two years so i dont know how long it held up well.

Walker,GOOD auto parts stores have a product very similar to POR 15, all you need to do is get the loose stuff off, It paints right over the surface rust. Buy the quart can, don't bother with a spray can with the area your doing. I have used that along with POR 15 on lots of rusty metal and it holds up pretty good. It WILL fade in the sunlight

Walker said:
Thanks guys, I've been looking in the marine supply catalogs for some product, but I'll check with the local NAPA (Never Any Parts Available) .
:lol: Reminds me of a company truck at a place I worked at, someone had it rhino lined (or similar), but TWICE! First in black, then a gray color. It was so lumpy, it was hard to sweep out the bed! -Adam

Latest posts

Back