Truckload today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With warm weather coming around so are the bikes. Had a co worker tell me his dad fixed and sold bikes a few towns over and was going to be scrapping a bunch he didn't plan on doing anything with. So I went over today and checked out what he had. Thought most would be good for what parts I could save off them. But still snagged a few good pieces.

First the Schwinn bantam ( yes he planned on scrapping it) missing the top bar but is in real nice shape. plus has a really cool parsons seat.

Cool seat

Thought this was just another girls light weight until I got home and started looking at it. input on this one would be great.

Got him to throw in this number plate he had in his shop

freespirit for parts

couldn't pass up the WF

Got this one because of the sprocket

A skybolt, has some good parts

the copper color called my name on this one

Got one of these in the fall so plan on fixing them up and flipping them as a pair

He topped off the haul with a new tire for the 80s MX I was working on in the fall.

looks like a good haul...surprised he didnt pirate the sprockets at least before he scrapped them
He said he mainly just snags "vintage bikes" up and keeps ahold of them for a while in case someone wants them. he mainly deals in just newer bikes. I told him now he has my number so theres no need to scrap "vintage bikes"

The Cardinal has a Colson chain ring, and I looked it up on the badge list I have, it's one of theirs. It may have a 2 digit code stamped into the BB, something like "D 1" would be April '41. -Adam

Great saves, congrats.

I find it hard to believe a bike guy would scrap ANY of those, go figure....

Was at the dump Thursday with my mom, she needed my van ... and saw a set of handlebars poking out of the metal dumpster.. found not one, but a pair of Hercules womans lightweights, 3 speeds, one missing rear wheel . both candy blue, both gorgeous,flawless paint and chrome , not even dirty or greasy.....security guards AT THE LANDFILL (go figure :( , won;t let anyone touch the 'trash'.. I cried all the way home...

Great saves, congrats.

Was at the dump Thursday with my mom, she needed my van ... and saw a set of handlebars poking out of the metal dumpster.. found not one, but a pair of Hercules womans lightweights, 3 speeds, one missing rear wheel . both candy blue, both gorgeous,flawless paint and chrome , not even dirty or greasy.....security guards AT THE LANDFILL (go figure :( , won;t let anyone touch the 'trash'.. I cried all the way home...
They might let you touch it if you slip them a "Jackson".:39:

Great saves, congrats.

I wish everyone would remember it's Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
Much better to put old bikes back on the road or to use them as a source of parts. Shipping scrap half way around the world, melting them down and stamping out new bikes and shipping them back here makes $ for retailers but not the best for the environment.:soapbox:

Great saves, congrats.

They might let you touch it if you slip them a Jackson.:whistle:

Around my area I don't go to the dump but when I lived in Virginia They didn't have a problem if you snag something up as long as you didn't get in the bins to get it they just weighted you when you went in and came out.

Wish they'd do that here, just count weight... local metal scrapyard won't officially let anything back out either, but have to say some pieces have snuck into our truck when we took a scrap load .. oops...
Guy was grumpy so did not push my luck on the bikes, we actually asked him how much the fine would be.. no sense of humor either. ( like mom said ' small town bureaucrat attitude' ) . sigh ..

Latest posts

Back