True then...TRUE NOW!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I've forgotten how cool the Stray Cats are. Possibly one of the most down and dirty - stripped to the bones three piece bands to hit. Just check out that minimalistic drum kit!

I got a good Brian Setzer story. Around 81 or 82 a buddy and I went to the Hot Rod show at the NY coliseum just to meet Ed Big Daddy Roth. We found him in a corner somewhere with a sad looking booth hawking Tshirts or some other memorabilia his car for the show was a sad looking 70s green honda civic that was pinstriped to the max(I think he was selling his striping services also). We were star struck and paused for a second and in the pause, out of nowhere Brian Setzer stepped around us and introduced himself to Ed Roth and they talked for quite a few minutes taking the steam out of our star struck moment. After we met Big Daddy Roth and I don't remember much about it. This moment would have and should have drifted off into the ether, but a year later the Stray Cats had an album with the Ed Big Daddy Roth cover artwork.

Latest posts

Back