Tucker's Spaceliner Done , Done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a yellow and rusty , chrome sears Spaceliner , I first used steel wool to clean up the chrome but where it was yellow the wool just dulled the the area. I then found out somebody, way back, clear coated the frame (thank you by the way) , I then Aircraft paint removed, ( I like T-Fal gel ) all the clear coat except the sears logo on the seat post tube , the chrome came out good then I found some random tank (it was from a 20" Ross convertible bike) , Drilled 5 holes in it and put in some led lights in it.
Next I had to find some forks I couldn't find the original so I put a monark , style double springer on the front , then I needed rims so I put some double walled Kruiser king phatso's on it and laced them up with a shimano nexsus 7 speed hub. ( I will be riding this bike )
The crank is original and I have the original cap Chain guard and rack the paint on the cap , was gone and the rack was too roached out to save the paint. I wanted the rims, tank , rack , chainguard and Rack to match so I Blasted and painted them with some rattle can (dupi color , red metal speck and some dupi color clear coat ) I got every thing but the rims painted so far , and that is where I am at now
1309324525.jpg

P4030213.jpg

P4030212.jpg

P4030211.jpg

1306704560.jpg

1306704613.jpg

P5210505.jpg

P5220506.jpg

P5290510.jpg

P5290514.jpg

P5290508.jpg

P5290515.jpg

P5290516.jpg

P5290517.jpg

P5290518.jpg

I want to put some gold fenders on it ? what are your thoughts

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "KRUZ3R MOB" , in the house

You gotta love those frames, their gorgeous! As far as I know, the chrome ones were clear coated at the factory. WELCOME! Hit the "INTRO" section tell us about yourself. :D

Nice job. Looking good. Get ta buildin'. Peace

gowjobs said:
Chrome won't get you home, but it sure is pretty!
I have heard this quote twice about this bike , I don't get the saying

It's an old hotrodder saying. The "go" guys would say such things to the "show" guys. In other words, putting chrome all over your engine wasn't going to make it run any better, faster or more reliably. A similar saying was, "If it don't go, chrome it!"

lookin good!

Sears did clearcoat their chrome bikes from the factory to protect them from rust. of course 40 years later most yellowed out and looked like crap. I had to strip all the clear off a womans spaceliner I had, shined up real nice after that. Just gave it a good coat of wax

The seat , I found this seat at a swap meet I picked it up and put it back then the guy said you can have for free if you can bring it back to life so I took the challenge , went to mu local fabric shop bought a piece of red sparkle vinyl . then I bought some chrome trim from the automotive store

THINGS STILL LEFT TO DO

* build a sound system for it
* fenders ? gold ?, chrome? Painted, no fenders? ( help wanted ) leave it to the forum?
* paint rims
* find some tires
* headlight / head light bracket (I was thinking a motor cycle head light with a led conversion ,.... help wanted on this )
* rocket valve caps
* some sort of bell
* Flag holder?
* seat crashrail
* paint rear rack , two tone red and white

Lookin good! I am working on a spaceliner as well for my build off project. That tank is awesome! 8)

Update on the tank and seat
1306807179.jpg

1306807083.jpg

P5300520.jpg

P5300528.jpg

P5300527.jpg

P5300521.jpg

P5300524.jpg

P5300523.jpg

I used some chrome edge trim around the seat , I think it came out pretty clean considering the top pan was F.B.A.R. (F@cked beyond all repair) Pronounced , foo bar

OH! That's looking pretty SWEET! The chrome and THAT color red, NICE......What are the plans for the rear rack?

KOTA said:
OH! That's looking pretty SWEET! The chrome and THAT color red, NICE......What are the plans for the rear rack?
I am going to paint it the same red with a white stripe down the middle and rear , and run some 6 1/2 diamiter tubes along the side with some speakers in them , maybe I can put some fins on them to make them look like two rockets I'll post some early pic's
P5300529.jpg

P5300531.jpg

P5300533.jpg

P5300534.jpg

kota is asking about the rack cause he wants to buy it :D are you going to get this done for behind the bars?

karfer67 said:
kota is asking about the rack cause he wants to buy it :D are you going to get this done for behind the bars?
I hope so I got a ton of stuff done this weekend

karfer67 said:

:lol: :lol: Well actually...I was hoping to get it for FREE! (socratesjpt, it's an inside joke)

KOTA said:
karfer67 said:

:lol: :lol: Well actually...I was hoping to get it for FREE! (socratesjpt, it's an inside joke)
I saw some one who sacraficed a flashlight to put in a motor cycle headlight , Kota , was it you if so can you help me find it again

Wow, that seat turned out great. You are really working some magic on this build---I think it is my favorite build right now.

Latest posts

Back