Turning Japaneese MBB0-VI, Class II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My entry for the build off. Unknown year, 20" Royce Union. I know nothing of this company but the frame was a deal and I think I can make a cool muscle bike out of this. I'm thinking 5 speed with 20-16's, custom forks and a cool banana seat. I love the neat looking brass head badge. My one problem on this frame is this distorted head tube that needs heating up and tapping back into shape.
DSCN2542.jpg

DSCN2547.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

DSCN2545.jpg

DSCN2544.jpg

DSCN2546.jpg

you always find the kool import frames - I'm jalous :)

Will be watching this one closely.

Cool frame. Love the oddballs. Not sure if you're keeping the paint but the lime with white is kind of cool.

Cool frame. Love the oddballs. Not sure if you're keeping the paint but the lime with white is kind of cool.
Agreed! It will set it apart from the typical muscle colors. And with that comment, I've probably P.O'ed a bunch of the traditional muscle builders here! I guess I'm just in that kind of a mood tonight....:soapbox:

Just stumbled on this and it brought back memories. One of my favorite bikes as a kid was an old Royce Union muscle bike given to me by my uncle when he was done with it. Looking at your frame pictures, the headbadge and seat tube decal look VERY familiar. Mine was yellow with a black head tube. Still remember fighting with that old cottered crank, trying to get it to stop clunking. Wish I had a picture of it somewhere.

Latest posts

Back