Two new bikes for free. Thanks Craigslist!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3038799588_1b5720a4c1.jpg

First up is a 1962 Schwinn Hollywood. It's seen better days, but my wife liked it, so she came home with us.

3037961939_41af290b25.jpg

Then we got a 20" Murray(I'm pretty sure, due to the dropouts and chainring). The headstock has a sticker that says Riviera on it. It has a 5 speed 20x1 3/8 Schwinn rim with a weather-checked Schwinn slick on the back, but no derailer, so its running as a single speed. Anyone have a coaster-braked 20" rim they wanna trade? It's a pretty cool bike otherwise... Except for the ridiculously short crank arms... I'll change those out though...

Re: Twon new bikes for free. Thanks Craigslist!

are you looking for a special coaster for it or just any coaster wheel? I have some...

That bike is a three speed. you need a 3 speed rear wheel and a shimano 3 speed shifter. The front and rear brake are a dead give-a-away, BTW Those are very cool bikes!

A 3 speed would be cool in there... It may have originally had one. But the brakes aren't original I don't think... They look like someone made them fit... I could be wrong... It's happened before...

Back