TWO OF MY MANY PROJECTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures in pretty bad shape, but here they are.
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton 235 six
My46-1.jpg

My462.jpg

1965 Ford Falcon 289
My65Falcon-1.jpg

Slim.gif

I want to get a dropped axle, (4 inches), done old school, by heating and stretching. The axle on it now has loose kingpins in the axle itself, and spindles are worn out... bushings aren't a press fit anymore, slop around in their bores. Anyway I got a line on an axle and spindles, just a money thing right now. I will keep the six cylinder and probably go with a modern t-5 trans and more modern rear axle, 10 bolt or ford 9'' w/lowering blocks,(its geared too low now). Don't want to change to much from stock, heck years ago I would have wanted to chop, channel, and subframe it, but now adays I can't bring myself to cut it up. I will get rid of the running lights on top of the cab, and the air horn, (MAN IS THAT THING LOUD), fill their holes. I bought it the way it is here except it had the stock wheels/hubcaps, which I may put back on it at some point. Is the skeleton offensive? I tried to get rid of it a few minutes ago, but can't figure out how to, I don't want to make any waves, if its inappropriate.

http://www.droppedaxles.com

The 289 is pretty tired and I will rebuild it some day. I have a good '69 302 w/351 heads, I'm going to put in, and am going to go with a T-5 trans, has a C4 in it now. Nothing else too fancy, just original 289 Hi-Po exhaust manifolds, lower the upper control arms, 1'' lower/stiffer front springs, 1+ 1/8'' sway bar in front and 3/4'' in back, some Goodyear Eagles, paint the original light blue. I have the side trim for it, and just recently found a source for the trim clips.

http://www.mrgusa.com

Latest posts

Back