twojs.bike builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A thread for me to show builds that may be of interest to this group.

This weekend I decided to I had enough spare parts to build a bike. The goal was to use 100% salvaged parts and not worry about rust, paint, etc. I needed to put a dent in my pile of parts. The end result is a mechanically sound bike comprised of parts that surely would have wound up in the landfill if it wasn't for this hobby. Everything is salvaged with the exception of the bottom bracket cups and chain. They were replaced with new.

Frame appears to be a Chinese branded Schwinn. (not really sure)
Forks from 65 Schwinn Heavy Duti
Chainwheel from 62 Sears JC Higgins FlightLiner

Turns out, this probably meets the criteria for the current off road build off. However, I didn't document the build. I will ride it around for a couple weeks and then sell it on CL.
main.JPG
Angle.JPG
chainwheel.JPG
overtop.JPG

Yeah, it’s clear that the rear dropout to stay connections are not Schwinn and neither is the headstock weldment,

But it looks like Huffy was trying to copy the Typhoon.

I’m making an effort to get all of my bikes listed on CL. I am obsessed with building bikes but I cannot be a collector. The fun is building them. This is the one that got me hooked. The frame is a Schwinn World Sport. It was completely trashed when I found it. Took several donor bikes to get it running. As much as I love it, I am building them faster than I am selling them.

985A639F-A214-4CE0-B540-BEC8DCE63FCA.jpeg

Picking this Flying Pigeon up Saturday. I just couldn’t resist. Looks like it has rod brakes which will be a first for me. View attachment 228634
Rod breaks are blast just remember you can't change the rims and if you do has to be the same type of rims.

Just finished this Raleigh Sprite 27 and am out for a test ride now. Wow! This bike is a winner. I might keep this one for a while.

01540765-F45B-4C48-869B-982860FE952A.jpeg

I didn’t make many changes to the bike. I did re-lace the wheels with new spokes, added knobby tires and replaced the ridiculous Raleigh self adjusting brake levers.

Rides like a dream. I do have a few things to work out. I need to add barrel adjusters to the brakes, or possibly just upgrade the brakes. The rims are a bit crusty. I thought I would save some money by recycling them, but if I keep this bike I will be tempted to replace them.

5 speeds and 27 inch rims are perfect for my needs.

Just finished this Raleigh Sprite 27 and am out for a test ride now. Wow! This bike is a winner. I might keep this one for a while.

View attachment 231344

I didn’t make many changes to the bike. I did re-lace the wheels with new spokes, added knobby tires and replaced the ridiculous Raleigh self adjusting brake levers.

Rides like a dream. I do have a few things to work out. I need to add barrel adjusters to the brakes, or possibly just upgrade the brakes. The rims are a bit crusty. I thought I would save some money by recycling them, but if I keep this bike I will be tempted to replace them.

5 speeds and 27 inch rims are perfect for my needs.
Those levers were the beginning of the end for Raleigh

Latest posts

Back