Ugliest Rat Rig Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dream Plan: 1952 Dodge truck sheet metal grafted to a slammed 12' wheel base motor home chassis.

Results and Goal: The ultimate bike hauler.

The Story: Sold four classics due to hard times. Going through lackarod withdrawells and had the old truck stored in a leanto on some property. Two awesome friends convinced me to get it and start a new project. Part of one of the car deals was a motor home in trade. Lites went on and here's the start of my new build. Demolition Kuttnhack style was two days and multiple dump loads. The Dodge van sheet metal will disappear. What's left of the motor home has a 440 with lots of chrome for whats it's worth. Dig the bucket seat. I want to position the 52 cab on the new chassis so the motor rests at the firewall as most other vehicles. Then build around that and see where it all lines up. Planning on using the stock butterfly hood but may have to stretch it a bit to fit over that big block Mopar. Hand fab a grill to match the hood lines. Build the bed around the existing van body sheet metal deck with some needed mods of course and no fenders. Have to dump the front A arms and C notch the rear one ton dually axle. I want this dude to be slammed old school. No bags or juice. So wish me luck and kick in some ideas. I will keep a running log of this build so all can see how it goes! This will be a cartoon ugly low buck bicycle hauler build for sure, and should be fun to watch. The build deadline is August to make Midnite Mass.
RatRig002.jpg
RatRig009.jpg
RatRig010.jpg
RatRig007.jpg
RatRig006.jpg
RatRig008.jpg
RatRig005.jpg
RatRig004.jpg

Oh yeah,

I love that idea. I hope you keep the dually set up, i think dually hot/ratrods are a kind off their own and I really dig'em.
As far as idea's on your build, I googled these pic's up in about 5 min and there's a topic on coe's on the H.A.M.B. forums somewhere.
Not to say that you must build a coe, but they are not known for the most beautiful design features(if you wanna go ugly) :wink: .
o.k. here's some pic's for inspiration.(i hope).

257iqnm.jpg

y13bd.jpg

2im807t.jpg

2dl5g0m.jpg

125klrr.jpg

k209k5.jpg

1672uc3.jpg

jr2ssg.jpg

21kccg3.jpg

33oo8yg.jpg

this style has potential i have seen it done real well good luck buddy. we should all caravan up to mass i am thinking of spending the night up there.

Latest posts

Back