Ultimate Newbie!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a long term Canadian cyclist who is venturing into the world of Rat Rods with my husband for the first time. We picked up this sweet limited edition Cruiser for $100. It was commissioned by Amsterdam brewery to be used as a raffle prize in 2015. To my understanding only 10 bikes made and used for prizes to promtion for their Cruiser all day Ale. I contacted the brewery and they said only the frame is origional. It looks like the previous owner was turning it into a rat rod as they put fat tires on wooden rims. The tires rubbed so badly that they were disintegrating. We are modifying it to be the ultimate comfort cruised in a vintage style. The colour and decals are not going to be altered and we are keeping the wooden rims. We will keep you posted. We welcome suggestions for anything that would make this a unique bike especially cargo and coffee carrier ideas. The last photo is what it origionally looked like.
Kim and Dave

Attachments

• received_1947148202342302.jpeg
    received_1947148202342302.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3
  • received_799964648080434.jpeg
    received_799964648080434.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
  • received_3154214261463704.jpeg
    received_3154214261463704.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220724-202528_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-202528_Messenger.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 0
I am a long term Canadian cyclist who is venturing into the world of Rat Rods with my husband for the first time. We picked up this sweet limited edition Cruiser for $100. It was commissioned by Amsterdam brewery to be used as a raffle prize in 2015. To my understanding only 10 bikes made and used for prizes to promtion for their Cruiser all day Ale. I contacted the brewery and they said only the frame is origional. It looks like the previous owner was turning it into a rat rod as they put fat tires on wooden rims. The tires rubbed so badly that they were disintegrating. We are modifying it to be the ultimate comfort cruised in a vintage style. The colour and decals are not going to be altered and we are keeping the wooden rims. We will keep you posted. We welcome suggestions for anything that would make this a unique bike especially cargo and coffee carrier ideas. The last photo is what it origionally looked like.
Kim and Dave
Welcome

Are they really wooden rims? They look like metal rims with hydro dipping

We wondered that too, but you can see the seams and the texture is wood like. Though we believe its overlaid on metal rims as there is no way it will support weight if it's just wood. The bike is at the bike shop. We are getting them to do the tires as we were worried about ruining the rims. The shop was going to tell us how the rims were made. I'll let you know.

Bikes used to have wooden rims but it's not a common occurrence now. Interested to hear what you find out

Welcome

Are they really wooden rims? They look like metal rims with hydro dipping
We wondered that too, but you can see the seams and the texture is wood like. Though we believe its overlaid on metal rims as there is no way it will support weight if it's just wood. The bike is at the bike shop. We are getting them to do the tires as we were worried about ruining the rims. The shop was going to tell us how the rims were made. I'll let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back