Unbelievable! Never thought I'd see my m-cycle again.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 years ago, my motorcycle for commuting got stolen. Just got a call from a town 50 miles away. An officer pulled over the thief on my bike. New tires, painted and gone through by a mechanic so it runs and looks better than when I lost it. Couldn't believe it. Thought it would have been parted out and long gone. Gotta go get it registered and start riding again. Original color, Miami Vice style white, purple and pink :)

100_7048.jpg

100_7049.jpg

Re: Unbelievable! Hope this is okay for fresh finds section?

really cool that you got your scooter back! :D sure doesn't happen often enough. nice of the thief or buyer to buff it out for you. may they rot in prison.

The guy told the officer that he just got it back form the mechanic and put new tires on it. He wanted his money back for those items :roll:

harquahalas said:
The guy told the officer that he just got it back form the mechanic and put new tires on it. He wanted his money back for those items :roll:

I love how criminals now think they have this kind of right. :roll: It makes me sick.

Anyway, awesome story! Great to have it back. You know what they say about karma... :mrgreen:

Oh man Hooch, that Honda story is funny :p Mine isn't as great since the tow company charged me $290, had to work really hard to get them to drop some fees. It was originally $350! A few upgrades, but the blinkers, horn, rear pegs and lightswitch are all gone. Took me a while to notice. Couldn't remember where everything was since it's been so long. Oh, also the ignition switch is a bit jacked so any key will work on it now. Going to see if there's a way I can get the theif to foot the bill for the towing.

Did you have insurance on it when it was stolen? How does that work? Will you have to reimburse your insurance company for the money they paid you? If so, you might have been better off telling the cops "Not mine...never seen it before!" Good luck with all that. Gary

This takes on a new meaning of "Fresh finds "...After 2 years you must have given up on it..Who says Christmas cant come in June..Great to see you got it back from one Rider to another..Oh upgrade to a Harley.. :wink: :lol:

Jaydub, I laughed when I read "upgrade to a Harley". If I had the money, I'd probably want an older smaller one. The XT225 is nice for me because it's easy to take off road when I want to go looking for native snakes :)

I ride a Yamaha TW200. I dont miss my Ducati Monster one bit. Part of that has to do with how cheap it is to maintain a japanese single. I never have to worry about getting the TW dirty, nevery have to worry about hitting potholes, i can explore old logging roads, and i get 90mpg.

Here is my bike prior to a ride with some friends on "big" bikes, 2 KLR650's and a Dakar650. we got into mud so deep that night at one point i got off my bike and it just stood there...

Bikes.jpg

My custom rear carrier
Rack3.jpg

The wife's 1989 TW. its going to get stripped down again, frame and wheels are too dark in black, i think silver or white would look better. Stretched the swingarm 8" still needs some finishing, remaking the rear tail light fender thing, dont like it. Supertrapp pipe and TTR225 stainless headpipe. I've got some bridgestone street tires for it. Man, i need to get this thing done.
SA8.jpg

Latest posts

Back