Unknown Muscle Bike Finds...MORE PICS ADDED..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lady called and said her elderly father had about 30 bikes and wanted to sell them. My first thoughts were "junk hoarder" and it was probably a pile of junk and high priced.

Since they were only 10 minutes away we rode over there. Well it looked like a junk/trash bomb exploded. Crap was everywhere and i do mean crap. All of the bikes were worthless and rusted to death. The old man was nice and easy to deal with. I stumbled across these 2 banana bikes left outside for years. Got them both for 10 bucks. They are pretty rough but i couldnt let them go to the scrapper. They were in a pile of junk covered in vines and leaves. What are they??

The front bike looks like a Murray Eliminator. All i see on the rear bike is the word "rainbow" on the chainguard. Not sure what i will do with them and may consider parting out.

za22-2.jpg

Re: Unknown Muscle Bike Finds

That raimbow is an AMF built bike - not sure what it would be badged as.

If you're going to part it out, let me know, as I need the chain guard for my Starfire project.

not bad for 5 apiece, I'd have grabbed em quick at that.

i passed on a girl huffy once for $10, in better cond..
but also i was on a bike, riding back home with another from a previous find, which was a 26in Schwinn i got for $35 :/ then later out found out it was broken >> but im in shop class now so im gonna hack it up and make it cooler..

also i found a green huffy eliminator that been lowrider/Triked guy wanted $250 for it :shock:

Here are some better pics. Is that one a Murray? Both bikes will need all wheels replaced. I am hoping the chrome will come somewhat clean but i dont know. I bought some primer at Wally this morning and my plan is to sand and paint both. The seat on the Murray is fine and i have plenty of banana seats and grips to use. Wheels are no problem cause always finding kids bikes and old trick bikes with useable wheels. Just sold a trick bike with good matching tires and aluminum wheels with coaster brake for 10 bucks. Now wish i had it back.

za30-1.jpg

za33-3.jpg

The one on the right is definitely a girls' model Murray Eliminator. what size are the wheels? If the back wheel is 24" and the front is 20", that bike may be worth saving. The other one,I know nothing about to be honest.

Mikey1399 said:
The one on the right is definitely a girls' model Murray Eliminator. what size are the wheels? If the back wheel is 24" and the front is 20", that bike may be worth saving. The other one,I know nothing about to be honest.

They are 20 in. front and rear.

Latest posts

Back