up dating and old friend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In High school i worked all summer to buy a brand new Schwinn heavy duty, then 6 months later it was stolen. I picked up a old Monark at a local dump and stripped it and painted it, It looked soooo cool. Then my brother stole it, to go to the beach to go surfing, where it was really stolen. Then I gathered more parts like, a parted-out krate bike for the front sproket and Schwinn sign front plate, mounted them on a three speed 26" frame put balloon wheels and resumed cruising the beaches of So. Cal. . After graduating High school I realized I was going in the Army [82nd AIRBORNE Div.] I painted the bike army green and thats the way it stayed for 28 YEARS!

RECENTLY i pulled my army bike out of the rafters and up dated it:

BEFORE
IMG_00235x3.jpg

AFTER
IMG_00075x3.jpg

P-rays the Lawd, and go past the amunition! 28 years ago? Ratsider is a profit and seeyer. Ratting out bikes a long, long time in the past and into the future. Outsider, well done gouda and ratful servant. Get behind me Shimano!

Nice bike! It's like your physic or something. What is that on the front axle nuts in the first pic. :eek:

Vroom said:
Nice bike! It's like your physic or something. What is that on the front axle nuts in the first pic. :eek:

they are fold up footpegs. the 2 years between High school and the AIRBORNE, I used to have a strip of plush carpet across the handle bars to give my friends [ only the female ones ;} ] and their friends [ only the female ones ;} ] rides up and down the bike path at the beach........during the update, My wife suggested I remove them. [now they hang on the garage wall of fame with other stuff. :mrgreen:

Hooch said:
love it! the brick red tires rule with camo!

Hey Hooch, I saw youre G.I. bike,... and thought " hey that reminds me of my old friend......HHHhhhmmmm... I have an IDEA.... :idea:

Thanks for the inspiration, IT brought back memories :wink:

Back