UPS woe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I shipped a package today and when they entered the address it brought up West****** instead of East*****...I knew something was wrong but computers are always right, right? Now I dont know if the package will go to the right place!! Any body have any ideas?? I called UPS and talked to some doofus that wasnt any help at all....I really want this to get to the right guy...AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!

I've seen where the UPS computer and the ship to address didn't agree on the city before. If the street address and the zip code are correct, it should arrive OK. Thanks!!!

I have had packages sent to me via UPS on a couple of occasions that went tot he wrong place. In both instances, the packages got loaded on another truck. Packages went to another town 40 miles away, etc, etc. I managed to find the lady who answers the phone at the local area UPS distributor warehouse and she was able to track down and get me my stuff. Granted it took a couple more days than advertised but, UPS came through.

They got all them fancy computers nowadays, UPS can fix it for you -- just talk real nice to the folks and they will provide. Good Luck!

not just ups....
ive had things shipped to me(fed ex) that came to my town only to be routed around 5000 miles away(yeah i did call and had a 'nice' chat with them and that took care of the problem) :shock:
good luck!

The package arrived. It took minimal effort to convince UPS to divert it. One phone call

Thanks again Mark!!! your kindness will not go unrewarded.

Story: Mark pm'd me saying my bike needed to have a front fender and he had one. I said thanks but just didn't want to spend any money right now. Later on, while Wife is looking at my bike, she says: "where's the front fender?". I relay the story to her and she says she has a bit of money squirreled away in her paypal acct. that I can use. Then Boy wanders over and says: "where's the front fender?" So I pm Mark with my address asking for shipping cost. A few days go by and it occurs to me that perhaps he won't be asking me for the money. I pm again asking that he not do that and allow me to pay for fender and shipping or at least shipping, etc. He replies saying something like "too late. already done. enjoy."

This is the spirit of this forum. It's the second time someone has sent me something gratis. I haven't had the opportunity to pay it forward yet. But I do know that when I read someone's post about looking for a part, and I have one, that person will get a pm.

Love this kind of stuff. :D

Cashman did the same for me....sent me a set of new repro pre-war cross bar handlebars to go on the Westfield...totally free, shipping and all.

Thanks again David! :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Love this kind of stuff. :D

Cashman did the same for me....sent me a set of new repro pre-war cross bar handlebars to go on the Westfield...totally free, shipping and all.

Thanks again David! :mrgreen:

ooo I bet those look nice on that bike. Is it still in your office?

It is at my office. :D

It's actually nice to have it here because I can cruise on it during the day and stare at it all day while I work.

I also get a lot of people visiting me throughout the day so it gets seen a lot too.

Better than it sitting in my dark garage all day.

Will shoot some new pics once I get a new set of grips ordered.

Skip is right, the spirit of this forum runs high, and it's really refreshing. There is a real nice feeling of sending somebody something for gratis as well as receiving something for gratis. It's a good thing.

The bikeforums has a sticky called "Pay it Forward". People post things up in there for free. Some charge for shipping, some partially charge for shipping and some people pick up the entire tab. Do we have something like that here?

Latest posts

Back