Utah's in the house!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My name's Russ (hence the username 'Russtoleum') and I hail from Clinton Utah. It's a small town located about thirty miles north of downtown Salt Lake City. I stumbled upon this site one night at work and I've been dang near obsessed with the vintage cruiser vibe ever since. I've never owned a cruiser unitl lately, but I've always loved the looks of them and the idea of just, well.... cruising! Growing up I was into the BMX scene, then that morphed into mountain biking, and then I just kind of took to street bikes and doing the whole commuting thing. And I guess I've finally grown up enough to find out where the REAL fun is - the cruisers!! I still commute to work daily on my Specialized Tricross, but my heart's at home with my two Felt cruisers. One of them is the Luxe model (basically Felt's take on the cantilever frame), and the other is a Cortez model with the tank style frame. I've already done some cosmetic 'adjustments' on the Luxe to make it look a little more nastalgic, but the Cortez is bone stock. I'll definitely do some work on it and be keeping my eyes open for other bike projects to have fun with. It's just a matter of finding those deals, and that can be tough! One thing's for sure though, this is an awesome site with some very knowledgeable and talented individuals. I have nothing but respect.

Keep the faith!

Hey, thanks for the welcomes guys. I'll be posting some pics of the felts soon. Now as far as your trip out here to Utah goes Jen, I hope you enjoy it. I'll just say this about the flats out at Bonniville, take some big straw hats, sunglasses, and plenty of water! Because it'll most definitely be hot, bright, and perhaps even windy (that seems to be the norm out there.) We've also been having a few thunderheads (lightning!!) and afternoon rain showers the last few days, so I'd prepare for the chance of those too. And Christine, that's so awesome that you live just basically up the street from me. Small world indeed. Have you been out cruisin' in this hot weather?

Russtoleum said:
Hey, thanks for the welcomes guys. I'll be posting some pics of the felts soon. Now as far as your trip out here to Utah goes Jen, I hope you enjoy it. I'll just say this about the flats out at Bonniville, take some big straw hats, sunglasses, and plenty of water! Because it'll most definitely be hot, bright, and perhaps even windy (that seems to be the norm out there.) We've also been having a few thunderheads (lightning!!) and afternoon rain showers the last few days, so I'd prepare for the chance of those too. And Christine, that's so awesome that you live just basically up the street from me. Small world indeed. Have you been out cruisin' in this hot weather?
straw hat - check sunglasses - check, water - check check lol im camping on the salt hopefully with that rain it hasnt turned back into a lake ... but i love lightning!

Latest posts

Back