Vdub guys, anyone going to Southern Worthersee?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thought I'd reach out to the Vdub crowd here and see if anyone else was going to Southern Worthersee this year?

Got my bro coming down from PA, got the cabin rented...woooo a weekend of nothing but custom and classic VWs.

http://southernworthersee.com/about/

Helen GA is quaint little village that just has Bavaria written all over it (I assume, having never been there myself :roll: )

DSC00006_sized_jpg.jpg

HelenGA3_jpg.jpg

PM me if you're going and want to meet up.

I'm probably not bringing any bikes, since I'll have the GTI (bike rack is on the family truckster).

Cheers,
Dr. T

I have not been there but the better half has.Our son and her really enjoyed Helen last year. She did not go to SoWo but went because I helped her work catch a flying squirrel running a muck scaring the customers. So her boss gave us a two night stay and she decided to go to Helen. I couldn't make it so she took her friend. We are going to go this year just not to SoWo. I am a VW guy but of the aircooled years. I have a '76 Westie. I would go to one but I do not far well in big crowds. I just can't get in to the scene like that.

My wife and I went to Helen last fall for a weekend getaway, it's such a nice place to relax.

I started as an air-cooled guy, with 67, 69 and 71 Beetles (the 71 was a semi-automatic Super). My current ride is an 02 GTI 1.8T.

I'd love to have a crew cab to haul bikes in though!

Cheers,
Dr. T

I've had a few beetles, jettas, Rabits, golfs, a few buses, and a few others but what I really want is a newer GTI with the VR6 under the hood. I got to test drive one a few months back and ever since I haven't stopped thinking about how much I want one. I tell you for such a small car it's got some SPUNK to it! I was impressed and I hate new cars.

Latest posts

Back