VINTAGE BIKE MAGAZINE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Martin....that was some awesome input.

You pretty much nailed most of the concerns that I had about the whole thing. I'm sure if I talked with the guys at Bike Rod & Kustom they would confirm the hard work and hours that have to go into a publication...even an online publication.

This was sort of a day dreaming sort of thing I think. I've got kiddo #3 due at the end of December and the other two are still under 5 so as you can imagine...I'm a tired man, ha ha.

The mere fact that I manage to keep this forum from tanking is a miracle.

This is all good food for thought.

since its always a good idea to start small, what if instead of a magazine, you published a calendar, each month could have two bikes, adverts, imprint adverts on the dates of the month, a monthlly tech tip "brought to you by" etc.. etc...etc... one quality product for the first year to "test the waters" and see how many actual buys occured. ya'd have a whole year from release of the firt product to see how it went. just an idea,
fast eddie outty

That is a sweet idea Eddie. I considered putting out a calendar using some of the photos from the photo contest we had a while back.

May be worth looking into.

Thanks!

Perhaps a Christmas baby like my oldest! Congratulations to you both.

yeah congrats and much respect !
Only one kid for me yet, and it's already unbelievably exhausting sometimes !!
Well that's pretty much balanced with all the fun and love them lil'people bring to life :wink:

Wow, lots of good points here but in the end, I'd get a subscription! I live in a small mid-west town were my bikes get a raised eyebrow, at first my friends saw these bikes of mine as some weired thing I did but now they, and others who want me to build them bikes, fully give me "props" for them. The Columbia I'm using in the RRBBO2 was givin to me and I got it up to speed and rode it as is, a lot of people loved it! They would say " My Dad-Grandpa-friend's-someone had one of those" or something close to it. But they all said they'ed love to have that bike now. With the yawn factor almost at 9 for new bikes at stores (I always check out the bike isle at Whatever-mart) face it, new bikes are lacking in style and there are those who want something diferent. The same guys who wrench on old cars and others who are "tinkers" would pick up a custom bike mag. I myself just built bikes to have fun but when I found BR&K, my hobby seem to take on direction. The whole thing was blown open to new ideas, new builds, and snowballed into more creativity, it"s like I have more bikes to build than I can. I tell anyone who has a interest in custom bikes about these sites I go to. I wish I would have found this and other a long time ago, but think if there was a magazine out there, how many could have they're eyes opened too. If you have Atomic Zombie's book, he says at the first page that he wrote the book 'cause it was necessary, there were no books on custom bike building. I think there is a market for bicycle mags, the interest is there but it'll take a single source to round it all up. I could go on but I'll spare ya'll! And I seriously doubt this forum will ever "tank", RATRODS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go Steve,
slapped this together this morning.
covercomp.jpg

I had to flip manny's bike and fake a headline...too many beauty shots and no left side shots of bikes. :lol:

jeff

W@W!!

Thats the nutz!

Latest posts

Back