Vintage Nishiki Stinger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this bike and I got it on the cheap. Some cosmetic issues which I adressed along with a new rear tube and some old school grips. Hubs needed servicing so I did that as well. I have never heard of this bike. I did not know that Nishiki even made muscle bikes....thought they only made nice high end road bikes.

Can you guys help me out here?

Thanks!

Man, had some good hits on bike today on the ad I posted on CL. Have a deal to sell tomorrow at noon! I was hoping to drink beer and admire it for a while but it is not to be. :(

Last edited:
Interesting bike. What kind of rear hub does it have? That'd be a good hint as to it's vintage, and could tell us more about its origins.

FWIW, "Nishiki" never made anything; it was a brand used by a US company to distribute Kawamura Japan) and Giant (Taiwan) bikes. Recntly, D!ck's sporting goods bought rights to the name and began selling Chinese-built cruisers an MTBs as Nishikis.

Man, I cleaned it up, replaced rear tube and serviced the hubs and sold it in one day! I tried like heck to find out what I could about this bike but did not come up with anything other than the stuff on Wikepedia which you cited Bob. The frame had some interesting features that I have not seen in other bikes such as the sleeves on the front head to the two top bars. I did not pay a whole lot of of attention to the rear hub other than cleaning and service it. My gut tells me that this was a mid 1970s bike.

I've been looking for one for years posted a addin the Wanted thread a few years ago
With no avail , not many out ther i guess ? I had one as a kid in the 70's mine was Yellow ,had 3-spd hub with a Shifter on the top tube also i remember it having a two tone seat, I actually found one in the early 90's but it was Green and eventually sold it..havent seen another since, if anyone finds one ther will be a Reward...

~Rafael~

I've been looking for one for years posted a addin the Wanted thread a few years ago
With no avail , not many out ther i guess ? I had one as a kid in the 70's mine was Yellow ,had 3-spd hub with a Shifter on the top tube also i remember it having a two tone seat, I actually found one in the early 90's but it was Green and eventually sold it..havent seen another since, if anyone finds one ther will be a Reward...

~Rafael~
I have the frame of one right now

Latest posts

Back