Vintage Olmo?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I have previously been told that this bike may be special. I have previously tried to determine a value of this bike but haven't really had time. It belonged to my uncle and he used to tell me there were 24K gold (plated?) components on it. I have stored it over 20 years and its BEEN time to get rid of it. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

AO574s4.jpg
MN9zwSt.jpg
Fy5Ufvi.jpg
uDTWm6l.jpg
X55Hq7I.jpg
aIf2fYX.jpg
Jx6MYGt.jpg
AZF2jx5.jpg
7KcvOXL.jpg
bIZiRkF.jpg
WWS1orC.jpg
nAYsWcH.jpg
4b1cfRg.jpg

Nice bike. Some of the parts dont' look original- saddle, derailer pulleys and possibly the stem. Those bolts on the chainring and seatpost binder are not gold plated but maybe annodized or painted. The pulley wheels on the derailer look to be Bullseye replacements.

The bike looks lo be 1974-78 based off of the Campy Super Record rear derailer and the Columbus sticker on the Seat tube.

Value looks like $400-800 depending on your market. Clean it up and see if all the components are Campy Super Record. The guys at bikeforums.net Classic and Vintage section may also be of help.

Last edited:
I've got an old Olmo missxtie thats in line to get the mod treatment, and its clearly a Motobecane frame and fork rebadged by Olmo with simplex a groupo.

not sure if they used other frames as yours is the only other Olmo I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back