Vinyl Paint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used Rust-Oleum Plastic paint on a seat? I've tried to find the vinyl paint and nobody in my area carries it in Rust-Oleum or Dupli-Color. I was just wondering if the plastic paint was pliable enough to use on a seat.

I did try that once, on a Schwinn S seat that had seen better days... It took a couple months for the paint to finally dry! It stayed tacky. I haven't put it on a bike, so I don't know how it'll wear either... I picked up some vinyl spray paint from an Ollie's bargain outlet, old stuff, but I think it's still good. ~Adam

Ollies huh? We've got one of those here in town. May have to check it out and see if they still have any in stock. Knowing Ollies, they'll either have a whole shelf full or one can...and it'll be some ugly color. Thanks for the tip.

I did it once on a Schwinn S seat too. It looked good, but it stayed too tacky. If I sat on it in jeans, it would be covered with blue fuzz. The nice thing about it was it peeled right of like dead skin after a sunburn. so no harm done.

2806390474_f6c0769f36_b.jpg

I just read that again and saw you were asking about plastic paint. that definatley will not work. I tried it on some fog light covers on my truck and it cracked right off when I had to flex it to put them on...

here they are before they cracked. the longer the paint cured, the worse it got

801523_128_full.jpg

Knowing Ollies, they'll either have a whole shelf full or one can...and it'll be some ugly color.
Yeah, pea soup green or something!! :lol: If I remember, I got some saddle tan, off white, and dark red. ~Adam

I was right, there were two cans and they were a weird blue/grey color, not the white or off-white that I need. Oh well, the search continues! Thanks GTCOMA for the info on the plastic paint AND vinyl paint. Maybe I'll just leave the seat as is and get over it.

Back