Visiting Ketchum Idaho, Looking for the scoop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The Wife and I have a wedding invitation in Ketchum Id. this summer and we're going to try to pull it off, sans kids.

If all goes to plan we'll have a day or so of free time. Looking into bike rentals of course.

Any hidden treasures we need to know about with regards to lodging, dining, sight seeing etc. etc.?

Lots of stuff to see and do. Depends on what you like, but there are lots of cycling opportunities very close to Ketchum. World class mountain biking trails for all ability levels, and lots of paved cycling paths for your cruising pleasure. Heres a list of some other cool spots that are very close ....Redfish lake/Sawtooth mountain range about 1 hour to the Northwest. Craters of the Moon national monument about 1 hour to the Southeast. I work part time for a company that is located in Ketchum and have an office there so I will get the scoop on bike rentals next week. I also am selling some cruisers in one of the local shops and if they have not sold you are welcome to borrow them.
Send me PM to remind me and I will get you some more info.

Looks like 2many has it covered.

How are you getting to Idaho? Flying into Boise or Salt Lake? If coming from Boise take advantage and drive up through Lowman , Stanley then to Ketchum. On the way back drive through back the easy way through Fairfield and Mt Home. The Sawtooth Mountains around Stanley are amazing and should not be missed.

If you make it to Boise and have time, I would make my self and some bikes available for a cruise.

I believe the plan so far is to fly in late Thursday which would give us most of Friday, the fly out Sunday mid day giving us that morning to recover from Saturday's events.

We will be flying into Boise & renting a car I suppose.

If i can utilize loaner bikes that would be great, I'm sure I could come up with some kind of way to return the favor.

Thanks for the info so far, I'll update as more detais come together. It looks like we've got babysitting covered so that is really the big hurdle.

Latest posts

Back