Vista Torino 500

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A friend of mine dropped this off for a shine and lube. Looks pretty original. I’m just going to clean up a few things and slap some fresh grease in it. Sadly the top tube decal is kinda jinky.
IMG_9979.jpeg
IMG_9980.jpeg
IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_9986.jpeg
IMG_9987.jpeg
IMG_9981.jpeg
IMG_9983.jpeg
IMG_9984.jpeg
IMG_9988.jpeg
IMG_9989.jpeg
IMG_9990.jpeg
IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9995.jpeg

It is amazing how much of the Stingray they copied. All their parts are marked Vista just like Stingray from grips to seat totires. I wounder what the price difference was at the time.

It’s a cool looking bike, there’s not much info about them.
Yes I tried to find some info not long ago and no not much out there. They must have sold in low numbers as I just do not see many of them. I really like them and I'm surprised they don't have more of a following. They used mostly the same componants as Schwinn who just bought their stuff from others so did Vista. I thought I heard they were a Columbia product or maybe Columbia made the frames I can not recall. They even used the same Astabula fork Schwinn was putting on the Stingray there fork crown was a little different. I had a Columbia 3 speed from the "70s that had Araya S-7 rims on it. Schwinn had let some of there patents run out by that time so it was easy to copy them.

Latest posts

Back