Volo in Legno (Wooden Flight)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one section glued up today and a few more sections steam bent.
20230617_152631.jpg

That's very cool looking!

AI is getting smarter everyday but clearly doesn't understand how a steer tube functions. :rofl:

Extra points however for excluding the valve stems for the wooden tires. :thumbsup:

Anybody else feel like they're just trapped on a hamster wheel and there's no way off? There's nothing in the world I want to do more than work on this bike and yet I never get past my have-to-do list and on to my want-to -do stuff. I haven't even had time to think about it, let alone work on it. I'm starting to forget where I was even going with it. The boat that I'm working on for work was supposed to leave last week, and now they just extended it another week. It's so frustrating.

Last edited:
Anybody else feel like they're just trapped on a hamster wheel and there's no way off? There's nothing in the world I want to do more than work on this bike and yet I never get past my have-to-do list and on to my want-to -do stuff. I haven't even had time to think about it, let alone work on it.
I'm with you, man. I planned a basic rebuild, and haven't even been able to get it done. Can't imagine if I had to stem bend the frame too!

I think i'm officially dropping out. Im at crossroads right now where I need to either get some stuff done this summer or finish this bike. There's absolutely no way I will have enough time to get it done and unfortunately the demands of my housing situation are going to have to take precedence. Winter is coming and I have major issues to address. I hope I can get back to it soon. This thing is at the top of my bucket list of things I want to accomplish before I leave the earth. It's so frustrating to never have time for the things I want to do most. At least the boat I was working on is done so the rich owner will be happy.
20230713_075629.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard, but I love the maxim "schedule your priorities, don't prioritize your schedule." Makes sense in some contexts. Now, we all have to pay the bills, so the person who said that must've had familial wealth. However, when you have the time to spare, your artisanship will be appreciated by those of us who know your work. Good luck in the housing challenge, and I look forward to seeing your work continue.

I hope you get it done someday, and I'm looking forward to it. I hear ya about finding time for stuff. I can't find enough to ride lately, and the house chores are piling up.

Latest posts

Back