VOTE-POLL! Thinking about a respray and change-up on my daily driver. (Japanese mini car)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YES OR NO?

• No, don't even think about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will start by acnkowledging that some on here will not like this, but figured there may be some who do, so this is to get opinions...

I have had my little Daihatsu for over 10 years, done over 200,000 in it and it never plays up or misses a beat, actually it is great on fuel and good fun to drive, but is starting to show its age a little on the exterior, so thinking about a change up. I am also thinking I might find an older vehicle to mess with instead, but the modification laws where I live are restrictive and I am limited to cosmetic changes unless I am willing to spend lots of money and time on engineering...

Here it is now:

11321446736_d2f8ef1fe0_z.jpg

This is an idea I did for a joke, but it is growing on me, to the point I am actually considering doing it:

11321524173_69dc0670b2_z.jpg

What do you think? Has it been over done with the PT Cruisers of the world, or can I still get away with it as a Euro/Retro style?

Luke.

I like it. But do the paint work in a 70s avacado metallic or something "family truckster" ish. That would be kinda slick.

Do it! I'd go for something with a bit more sparkle than standard white like the Cadillac pearl white though.

Never thought I'd see a Pinto Cruising Wagon on the RRB site.. They used to call me Pinto Bill in my younger days....but I never owned one of those.

Can we see a front and back view of your car, Luke? It looks a LOT like an old Mini in the side view.

Cool. I'm not sure to vote either way though.

We had a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park wagon that I would have liked to have repainted the whole car in it's original paint color but instead of the factory wood decal. I thought it would be cool have painted flames on it in a wood pattern.

Latest posts

Back