VW parts pricing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know there is probably a couple of Vw guys here :shock: :shock: but seriously I just picked up a pair of 67 headlight buckets with the lights and one has the glass lense cover, I just dont know the value as far as a resale at the upcoming swap meet.And the glass lense along with the buckets also chrome rings are cherry.

Are you sure they are 67? The reason I ask is because 67 was the first year for 12 volt and they don't have a seperate lense. Pre 67 had a glass lense that sits in front of the sealed beam unit, held in place by a few funky wire spring clips.
If they are OG german pre 67 units they are worth more than the repops.

Gold Street Customs, not exactly sure what their worth either, but heres a pic of my '66 Beetle lights, the last 6 volt, all Beetles had this look until '67, and like 2manybikes said, '67 was the first 12 volt, and the lenses are held in by crumby little spring clips, which I had to make a few out of stiff coat hanger wire. I painted the inside of the bucket flat black and the little driving light on the bottom I painted yellow. The inside of the lenses are dirty.

006-2.jpg

007.jpg

11ooq.jpg

Latest posts

Back