Wards Hawthorne - Need Info Please!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another new find. This is a Ward Hawthorne (per the badge) but that is all I know. I would welcome any info on this bike. I have not even cleaned it up yet as the dirt is kinda growing on me..

It appears to be mostly original but there are some suspect areas. The paint is curious as its black with white stripes. The stripes look like they were taped off and “somewhat sloppy”. It looks too nice for someone to have done a repaint but not what I would expect from factory paint. Some other interesting items:

Front light, other pictures I found most models have a different light, and
A hole in the top of the front fender, looks like something else was mounted there, possibly a light
A rear light built into the fender rack (missing the lens) in the fender rack. I have seen pictures of Wards with a bluish lens.
Jeweled rear reflector
Rear light which may be an add on (also jeweled)
Tank has a button on the left side to turn the light on. I found most of the parts inside the tank.
Looks like original leather seat.

Thanks in advance for any insight and also welcome any ideas on where I can begin some of the missing parts to put it back original. I plan on cleaning it up but not restoring.

http://s1274.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 0Hawthorne

just helping with your photos..great looking bike!
WardsFrontBadge.jpg

WardsHawthorneBicycle.jpg

Thanks guys.. Also, how'd you do that with the pictures? I could only figure out the link option.

Looks like around a '40. Check what numbers are stamped on the BB, something like "04 EH" would be a 1940. To post pics, copy the 'img code' , it's at the bottom of the four codes on photobucket, just paste it into your post. -Adam

Latest posts

Back