Water Skiing. Wednesday night tradition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wednesday nights are always reserved for skiing. The snow is gone so now it is waterski time. My brother and couple of friends go up to the lake after work. Here is a video from a couple of nights ago.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tadajones#p ... 4VHaKIr6NU

Me carving it up.
JTA_2654.jpg

JTA_2487.jpg

other pics found here http://picasaweb.google.com/jtucker.anderson/Waterski#

Nice turns. I haven't been H2O skiiing in years. My Jobe honeycomb with double highwraps would probably be considered retro by now. These days i'm kind of torn as to weather or not to keep my 1965 Correct Craft Mustang (project boat) or sell it. Photos like yours certainly make me want to hang on to it though.

Walker said:
Nice turns. I haven't been H2O skiiing in years. My Jobe honeycomb with double highwraps would probably be considered retro by now. These days i'm kind of torn as to weather or not to keep my 1965 Correct Craft Mustang (project boat) or sell it. Photos like yours certainly make me want to hang on to it though.

I started skiing on my mom's Connelly wooden Hook. The new skis is like turning on rails.

Gotta keep the old Correct Crafts, one of the best built boats. I am skiing behind a 1989 Ski Natique(Correct Craft). My parents bought it new when we lived on a lake up in central Idaho. It is moored at a reservoir 20 miles from my house.

I got my Jobe from a friend who did some ameture slalom competetion. Funny story: My first time trying to throw a deep carve i blew out of both boots and did a full flip over the tip. Second time, blew out of both boots and pulled off a complete 540. Pretty much knocked the wind out of myself both times. After that I backed off a bit. It was my first time on a serious water ski, the thing feels like it's doing a 90 degree turn!

My Correct Craft was a fire victim unfortunately, and passed through 2 owners both with visions of grandeur (like me) before i picked it up for a 12 pack of Becks. While the boat is nearly complete (missing rear seat cushions and both front seats) it has some scorched fiberglass aft and the motor is junk (the FD sank it to put it out and nobody bothered to pull the plugs after that + NE winters = cracked block). The bright work is all there, as well as the original windshield and emblems. The boat needs a full paint strip to bring back the original tangerine orange, re-wiring, probably new floors and striners. I was able to pick up a replacment turnkey Interceptor V8 though for a fair price. These boats rip at just 1500lbs and 188 hp from what i have heard. Just need the time.......

Latest posts

Back