(WBO) SS - i mean barracuda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright i put the frame on the stand today just to make a list of things i may need . I tried two sets of wheels the 26x4s ( HUBS are over sized )and the 26x3s ( Axles are short) both sets the hubs and axles would not work on this frame . I'm thinking i'm going to need a mountain bike set up as far as hubs . I see that i wasted a bit of money with those hubs ..
Also i guess i need special head set for triple trees as the normal ones will not work right .

I saw that frame and I thought of Tron.

tron_bike_1.jpg

Ok we have a little head way . Its not over the top parts in fact its all used parts from my buddy Jay's parts bins Of over 20 years working on bikes .
Either way the guy hooked me up big time . We went through a few different head sets These forks where a pita to get a had set for .
Then he gave me a bracket from another bke frame for me to clean up and weld in for the shifter cable .
I would have really liked a disc brake hub set ups but he didnt have those hubs in his bins .

well guys i started a new job to help a buddy out so its been taking alot of my time up . It's also a bit to chilly to be painting in my shop . I have nearly everything accept a few small bits . This killer Billet shifter just came in and i wanted to show it off . I'll most likely get the bike apart again this weekend and hope for some good weather .

Its just hanging out waiting .....

Well I managed to get some color on the frame today , i sent it out for media blasting earlyer this week . Its going more to a Mopar theamed bike then Super sport since i sparyed it in a mopar Color Citron yellow .
Now it has to sit a week to cure , im not making the dead line but its a bad as heck Color !!
The wheels are going black chrome and should set this bad boy off nicely .

Last edited:
Well I managed to get some color on the frame today , i sent it out for media blasting earlyer this week . Its going more to a Mopar theamed bike then Super sport since i sparyed it in a mopar Color Citron yellow .
Now it has to sit a week to cure , im not making the dead line but its a bad as heck Color !!
The wheels are going black chrome and should set this bad boy off nicely .

Is it yellow or is it green... curious yellow?

Latest posts

Back